Activate your firewall: Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger)
A firewall protects your computer from Internet worms that exploit open ports and operating system vulnerabilities. Follow these instructions to activate the firewall on your Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger) computer.
You should activate only ONE firewall on your computer.
- From the Apple menu, click System Preferences.
- In the System
Preferences window, click
the Sharing icon, highlighted
in the graphic below:
- In the Sharing window, click the Firewall tab.
- If you see Firewall
Off in the upper-left corner of
the window, click
the Start button below it to
turn the firewall on. The window should
now look similar to the one below:
- Click Advanced in the lower-right corner of the window.
- Check all three options (Block UDP
Traffic, Enable Firewall Logging, and
Enable Stealth Mode), if they're not
already checked. The window should now
look similar to the one below:
- Click OK.
- Close the Sharing window.