Manually Update VirusScan 8.x (Windows)
For VirusScan to catch new threats (and thus be effective), you MUST update it regularly. If the auto update feature doesn't work, follow these instructions to manually update VirusScan 8.x.
- Connect to the University of Delaware's network.
- Double-click the VShield icon in
the System Tray.
- In the VirusScan Console,
right-click AutoUpdate Daily and
- As VirusScan updates, you'll see a progression
screen that looks similar to the
- Click Close when the update is finished.
- Close the VirusScan Console window.
Last updated 2/14/14