Manually update VirusScan 8.x (Windows)
For VirusScan to catch new threats (and thus be effective), you MUST update it regularly. If the auto update feature doesn't work, follow these instructions to manually update VirusScan 8.x.
- Connect to the University of Delaware's network.
- Double-click the VShield icon in
the System Tray.
- In the VirusScan Console,
right-click AutoUpdate Daily and
- As VirusScan updates, you'll see a
screen that looks similar to the
- Click Close.
- Close the VirusScan Console window.