Install McAfee VirusScan on a Mac OS 10.5, 10.6, and 10.7 Computer
These instructions will help you install VirusScan on your Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard), Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) computer.
- Download VirusScan to your desktop.
- Double-click virusscan91.dmg.
- If asked if you want to run the program, click Continue.
- Click Continue on each page of the
installer. On the last screen, click Install, and then type your password at
the prompt that looks similar to the
- You will see a success screen after the installation completes.
- Click Close.
- Eject the .dmg file from your computer's desktop after you finish installing VirusScan.
- Run a manual scan to check for viruses.
The UD version of VirusScan for Mac
will NOT automatically scan your
computer for viruses at regular
intervals. To ensure that your system
is virus-free, you should manually scan
your computer at least
Your computer will automatically check for updates to VirusScan every day at 4:45 p.m.
Last updated: 10/24/14