Install McAfee VirusScan: Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and 10.7 (Lion)
These instructions will help you install VirusScan on your Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard), Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) computer.
If you are running Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger), follow these instructions.
- Download VirusScan to your desktop.
- Double-click virusscan91.dmg.
- If asked if you want to run the program, click Continue.
- Click Continue on each page of the
installer. On the last screen, click Install, and then type your password at
the prompt that looks similar to the
- You will see a success screen after the installation completes.
- Click Close.
- Eject the .dmg file from your computer's desktop after you finish installing VirusScan.
- Run a manual scan to check for viruses.
The UD version of VirusScan for Mac will NOT automatically scan your computer for viruses at regular intervals. To ensure that your system is virus-free, you should manually scan your computer at least once a week.
Your computer will automatically check for updates to VirusScan every day at 4:45 p.m.
Last updated 2/14/14