Tool for cleaning Flashback from Apple Macintosh ComputersIn September 2011, the Flashback Trojan began attacking Apple Macintosh computers. Flashback masquerades as a plug-in for Web browsers on a Macintosh computer, but really is software designed to steal passwords and personal information from Macintosh users.
At UD, we are still detecting student computers infected with Flashback. If you receive notification from the IT Support Center that your Macintosh computer is infected with Flashback, you can use a free tool to clean Flashback from your system.
- Go to F-Secure's Flashback Removal Tool Web site. Click the FlashbackRemoval image at the site to download the tool.
- After you've downloaded the tool, double-click the FlashbackRemoval tool to run it on your Macintosh. The tool may be in your computer's Downloads folder or on your computer's Desktop.
- If you see a message asking if you are sure you want to open the tool, click Open.
- Read the F-Secure Flashback Removal Tool license agreement, then click Accept to run the tool.
Follow the instructions on the screen to detect and, if necessary, clean Flashback from your computer.
- To prevent your Macintosh computer from getting re-infected,
For further information, contact the IT Support Center.