Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware not installed on an infected computer
If Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is not installed on your computer, the safest way to remove spyware and malware from an infected computer is as follows:
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode
with Networking as follows:
- If the computer is on, from the Start menu (in the lower-left corner of the screen), shut down Windows.
- Restart the computer. The computer will begin processing a set of instructions known as the "Basic Input/Output System (BIOS)." What you see on the monitor depends on the BIOS manufacturer. Some computers display a progress bar that refers to the word BIOS, while others may not display any indication that this process is happening.
- As soon as the BIOS has
finished processing, begin tapping
the F8 key. Continue to do so until
the Windows Advanced Options menu
If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this problem, restart the computer and try again.
- Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to scroll through the menu options, and then select the Safe Mode with Networking menu option.
- Press ENTER.
- Follow the instructions for downloading and installing Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on a Windows computer.
- Follow the instructions for using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on a Windows computer.