Usernames, UDelNet IDs, and UD IDsUsing the UD CAS screen, you can log in to UD secured systems using either a Username (UDelNet ID or email address) or UD ID.
- a student or employee's UDelNet ID
- a student or employee's @udel.edu email address (email@example.com)
UDelNet IDsStudents, faculty, and staff can type their UDelNet IDs in the CAS Username text box to log in to secured UD systems. You selected your UDelNet ID before you set up your UD email account.
- Your UDelNet ID is an alphabetic username that you also use as your main UD email address (as in firstname.lastname@example.org). (More information about Your UDelNet account)
- The CAS system will also accept your @udel.edu email address.
- Your UDelNet password should consist of 8 or more characters and must pass certain security checks. To ensure the security of personal information, your UDelNet password must be kept strictly confidential. (More information about UDelNet passwords)
- If students and employees do not know their UDelNet IDs, they may also log in to secured systems with their UD IDs and PINs.
Your UD ID is a unique 5- or 9-digit number that identifies you, whether you're a student, employee, applicant for admission, UD alumnus or alumna, or former UD student. Every employee, student, or applicant for admission is assigned a UD ID. You'll use a PIN with your UD ID.
- Your UD ID is sometimes referred to as a "Student ID" or "EMPLID" (employee ID).
- Your UD ID PIN is a 6-10 digit number. To ensure the security of personal information, your PIN must be kept strictly confidential.
- Students' UD IDs and PINs will remain active for access to UD student information after a student graduates or is no longer enrolled at UD.