Google Transition Help
SummaryIn July 2011, Google made some administrative changes to all udel.edu accounts. All current services remain the same (Mail, Docs, Calendar, Sites, Talk).When you log in to Google Apps, you may be asked to approve new terms and conditions.
Your UD Google Apps account only provides access to Mail, Documents, Calendar, Sites and Talk.
If you use other Google services, do NOT link them to your udel.edu address as those Google services will then become inaccessible.
- What differences will I see?
You may see a screen asking you to agree
to new terms and conditions, but otherwise
we expect that there will be no changes in how you use
Google Apps @UDel.edu.
The main difference you'll see is that you will not be able to use your udel.edu email address with Picasa, YouTube, or other Google services not included in Google Apps @UDel.edu. Instead, use--or create and use--a free Gmail account at google.com to access these services.
Without making a change to your Google account, you will not be able to log in simultaneously in the same Web browser to a Google account and a Google Apps @UDel.edu account. For information about using multiple accounts with Google services, consult the multiple sign-in pages listed in this page's Quick Links menu. Begin with Setting up multiple sign-ins and Google Apps. You can also consult this Google.com help page: Using multiple accounts simultaneously.
- How do I make sure I don't link my udel.edu account with an account at one of Google's services?
- If you see a button like the one below,
do NOT click the button to link your accounts.
- Will I log in to Google Apps @UDel.edu any differently?
- No. Continue to log in by going to googleapps.udel.edu.
- I'm a staff member and read my email on Exchange. Does this mean I read my email somewhere new?
- No. This change does not affect where you read your email. Employees are welcome to choose to use Google Apps for email, but the University is not migrating employee email to Google Apps @UDel.edu. If you are a Mirapoint or Exchange email user, you received the Google notification because you have been using Google Docs, Google Sites, or another application included in Google Apps @UDel.edu.
- I didn't see a notification from Google. Is there something wrong with my account?
- If you have been using Google Apps, your email reader may have marked the Google notification message as spam or junk mail. If you have not yet used Google Apps, Google may not have sent you a notification.
- The email I got from Google made it sound like I'll be seeing new services in Google Apps @UDel.edu. Will I see more services?
- After conferring with technical support at Google.com, UD staff decided that offering additional services through Google Apps @UDel.edu may present problems for people who want to manage their content after leaving UD. We are, therefore, not adding new features to Google Apps @UDel.edu at this time.
- What should I do if I have further questions or accidentally link my udel.edu account with a Google account?
- For further assistance, submit a Help Request to the IT Support Center.