When to use your UDelNet ID or your Google Apps @UDel.edu password
There are two passwords associated with your Google Apps @UDel.edu account:
Password #1: Your UDelNet password
- You created this password when you chose your UDelNet ID and activated your account at UD. You use your UDelNet ID and password to access UDSIS, Sakai, or any other computing resources located only at the University of Delaware.
- You use your UDelNet ID and the password you created to log in to the Google Apps @UDel.edu Web login page.
Please note that the Google Apps @UDel.edu Web interface can only be accessed through this page and not from google.com or any other Web page.
Password #2: A random password sent to Google for you
When your Google Apps @UDel.edu account was created, a random password was generated and sent to Google Apps.
For security, your Google Apps @UDel.edu password was purposely set to be different from your UDelnet ID password. You have the option of changing this password to whatever you prefer (see below).
Use this password only to:
- Configure and use an email IMAP or Calendar program (Windows or Mac computer) to access Google Apps @UDel.edu.
- Configure your smartphone or Blackberry to use Google Apps @UDel.edu.
If you are using an email or calendar program on your computer or smartphone (e.g. Thunderbird, iCal), you must use UDelnetID@udel.edu as your username and your Google Apps @UDel.edu password since the program is bypassing UD's Web login interface and directly accessing Google's servers.
- Log in to the UD Network page.
- Choose "Obtain or change your password for IMAP or iCal access to Google Apps @UDel.edu."
You may view the random password for your account or choose another password.