Settings that may be required by your PC, Mac, or mobile phone email client
Google does not support access to GMail from BlackBerry® devices or BlackBerry® smartphones.
- Enable IMAP in Google Apps at UD Mail
by doing the following:
- Sign in through googleapps.udel.edu.
- Click the gear icon at the top of the Gmail page.
- Select Gmail settings.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Save your changes.
- By default, your Google Apps at UD
password is different from your UDelNet
password. To configure mail clients on your
PC, Mac, or mobile phone, obtain or change your
- Specify settings to connect to your account. The settings location and wording will vary depending on the email client or mobile phone that you use. The following table contains an outline of the information required by Google Apps at UD to access your email account. For more information, see the Gmail help page. For tips on setting up your client, you can watch a relevant video.
Note: You must use your full UD email address for "User Name."
|Email Address:||UDelNet ID@udel.edu|
|Incoming Mail Server:||imap.gmail.com|
|Use Secure Connection (SSL) for Incoming Mail Server:||
- Checked or Yes selected.
- Secure Connection (SSL)
- The port number should be set to 993.
|Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):||smtp.gmail.com|
|Use Authentication for Outgoing Mail Server :||
- username: UDelNet ID@udel.edu
If the password field reads "unassigned,"
click the password field and type your
Google Apps at UD password.
When you set up your email account using a local client or mobile phone, you may not see all the above options. If, after entering this information, you cannot connect, look for an Advanced Settings option where it may be possible to enter the additional required information.
Note for iPad Users
If you receive an IMAP not recognized error message, edit your email account as follows:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Mail, Contact, Calendars.
- Tap Advanced settings.
- Change the outgoing mail server to port 465.