Configure your iPhone or iPad for Google Apps at UD
|Warning (for faculty and staff): Do not attempt to copy your UD Webmail Inbox into your Google Apps at UD account until after you have switched to Google Apps at UD.|
- Enable IMAP in Google Apps at UD Mail
by doing the following:
- Sign in through googleapps.udel.edu.
- Click the gear icon at the top of the Gmail page.
- Select Mail Settings.
- On the top menu bar, click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- In IMAP Access, select Enable IMAP.
- Save your changes.
- By default, your Google Apps at UD
password is different from your UDelNet
password. To configure mail clients on your
iPhone or iPad, obtain or change your
- Set up your iPhone or iPad with your UDelNet ID and Google Apps at UD password:
- Open Settings on your device.
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Add Account...
- Select Gmail
- Type your account information:
- Type your name as you want others to see it in your email.
- For the email address, use your UD email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For the password, type the Google Apps at UD password you obtained above.
(Note: The iPhone may capitalize your email address or password. You can tell this is happening if the SHIFT key on the virtual keyboard is lit. If the first character should not be capitalized, tap the SHIFT key to turn it off then type youremail address or password.)
- The description can be anything your want it to be.
- Tap Next
- You will be given a choice of which Google services to sync to the iPhone or iPad. If you're only interested in mail, make sure that is the only service you turn on.
- Select Save