The fraternity and sorority community at UD has four governing bodies. Each of the councils serve a specific purpose, and together promote the idea of one community.
226A Trabant University Center
Every social fraternity and sorority has representation on the Greek Council. The Greek Council is the unifying body for Fraternity and Sorority Life. It's a collaborative entity that allows the organizations to work together to strengthen Fraternity and Sorority Life at the University of Delaware.
National Panhellenic Conference (NPC)
226D Trabant University Center
The NPC council serves as the governing body for the University of Delaware's 10 National Panhellenic Conference sororities. Member delegates serve as role models, dedicated to uphold good scholarship and high standards of ethical conduct, while promoting friendship, harmony, and unity among members, chapters, faculty,, administration and campus groups.
Multicultural Greek Congress at the University of Delaware (MGC)
226B Trabant University Center
The Multicultural Greek Congress (MGC) is the umbrella council for all cultural and ethnic based fraternities and sororities at the University of Delaware, including those organizations that are a part of the National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations (NALFO), and the National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC).
The purposes of the MGC at UD shall be:
- To create and maintain high standards in the life of fraternities and sororities;
- To perpetuate constructive fraternity and sorority relationships, and encourage positive inter-fraternal relations and communication;
- To foster an understanding of the structure and method of operation among the member organizations;
- To address, coordinate, and develop action strategies on matters of mutual concern to the member organizations;
The MGC at UD shall:
- Enhance the development of all its member chapters through mutual respect, leadership, honesty, professionalism and education;
- Provide a forum for the governance and regulation of chapter affairs;
- Enrich Greek life on the campus;
- Act as a liaison between member chapters and the university administration;
- And promote unity among all Greek-letter organizations.
Interfraternity Council (IFC)
226C Trabant University Center
The IFC council governs the University of Delaware's 16 North American Interfraternity Conference fraternities. As such, it establishes guidelines for managing the issues and activities that face the chapters. The Council is responsible for all phases of recruitment, including Rush.