Sigma Gamma Rho (Σ Γ Ρ)
THETA OMICRON CHAPTER
FOUNDED: 1922, BULTER UNIVERSITY
CHARTERED AT DELAWARE: 1981
PHILANTHROPY: SPEAR, MARCH OF DIMES, SOLE4SOULS, St. JUDES, NAACP, NATIONAL COUNCIL OF NEGRO WOMEN, UNCF, SOLE4SOULS
COLORS: ROYAL BLUE AND GOLD
FLOWER: YELLOW TEA ROSE
MASCOT: FRENCH TOY POODLE
NATIONAL WEBSITE: www.sgrho1922.org
LOCAL WEBSITE: instagram.com/Thetaosgrhos
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. was organized on November 12, 1922 in Indianapolis, Indiana by seven young educators: Mary Lou Allison Little, Dorothy Hanley Whiteside, Vivian White Marbury, Nannie Mae Gahn Johnson, Hattie Mae Dulin Redford, Bessie M. Downey Martin and Cubena McClure. The group became an incorporated national collegiate sorority on December 30, 1929, when a charter was granted to Alpha chapter at Butler University. Soaring To Greater Heights Of Attainment Around The World, Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., as a leading national service organization, has met the challenges of the day and continues to grow through Sisterhood, Scholarship and Service. Other national projects include Wee Savers, Project Reassurance and Habitat for Humanity, Sigma Gamma Rho built seven homes across the United States in Florida, District of Columbia, Wisconsin, California, and Texas.
The University of Delaware is not responsible for content of National and Local websites.