Sigma Alpha Iota (Σ Α Ι)
ETA RHO CHAPTER
FOUNDED: 1903, UNIVERSITY OF MUSIC, ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN
CHARTERED AT DELAWARE: 1990
PHILANTHROPY: SIGMA ALPHA IOTA PHILANTHROPIES, INC.
COLORS: CRIMSON & WHITE
FLOWER: RED ROSE
SYMBOL: PIPES OF PAN
NATIONAL WEBSITE: www.sai-national.org/
Sigma Alpha Iota is a music fraternity. Only women are initiated at the undergraduate level. Both men and women are initiated at the professional level.
There are Outreach Projects such as the People-to-People Project which provide instruments and music to schools and communities, Pan's Cottage at The MacDowell Colony, scholarships, grants, and awards for individuals, and Services for Musicians with Special Needs. Chapters can also apply for grants to fund the musical enrichment of their campuses and communities.
Purpose of Sigma Alpha Iota
1. TO FORM chapters of women college students and alumnae who have a sincere interest in music.
2. TO UPHOLD the highest standards of music.
3. TO FURTHER the development of music in America and throughout the world.
4. TO GIVE inspiration and encouragement to members.
5. TO ORGANIZE the cultural life of Sigma Alpha Iota members as a contributing factor to their educational growth.
6. TO SUPPORT the ideals and goals of the member's Alma Mater;
7. TO ADHERE to the highest standards of citizenship in school, community and fraternity life.
The University of Delaware is not responsible for content of National and Local websites.