Sigma Alpha (Σ Α)
ALPHA KAPPA CHAPTER
FOUNDED: 1978, OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
CHARTERED AT DELAWARE: 1999
PHILANTHROPY: CANINE PARTNERS FOR LIFE
COLORS: EMERALD & MAIZE
FLOWER: YELLOW CHRYSANTHEMUM
SYMBOL: BABY BULL
LOCAL WEBSITE: http://www.wix.com/sigmaalphaak/sa_udel
NATIONAL WEBSITE: www.sigmaalpha.org
Sigma Alpha is a professional agricultural sorority that promotes scholarship, leadership, service and fellowship among its members. Sigma Alpha sorority was founded in 1978 at the Ohio State University by five women who wanted an alternative to the social Greek sorority system. Since that time, Sigma Alpha has become a national organization consisting of more than 60 chapters, comprised of undergraduate and alumnae members. Today, more than 4,000 members have been initiated into Sigma Alpha Sorority!
Sigma Alpha, Alpha Kappa chapter, was founded at the University of Delaware in 1999. We have active members from all different majors, including plant, food and animal science, Spanish, business, education, and political science. Our main objective is to further the development of women pursuing careers in agriculture. Throughout the semester we participate in Relay for Life, Ag Carnival, Ag Day, Friendly's fundraisers, Powder Puff, and various Greek events.
What can Sigma Alpha offer?
- Life-long friendships among girls with similar interests!
- Opportunities for professional development through educational programs with knowledgeable speakers!
- Development of leadership and event planning skills!
- Community service projects aimed toward agriculture education and welfare!
- Chances to donate to charitable organizations through philanthropy!
- Exciting weekly sisterhood activities for members!
- Involvement with other campus organization through participation in Greek and club events!
The University of Delaware is not responsible for content of National and Local websites.