The Institute for Global Studies (IGS) is a premier center for international education at the University of Delaware. We are forging partnerships in academics, research and public service around the world and educating engaged, global citizens.
Our Global Initiative focuses on helping students to expand their awareness and knowledge of the economic, political, cultural and social issues facing the world—and the skills to address them. This commitment to preparing students to be global citizens embraces diversity in all of its richness, on campus, across the U.S., and in countries and cultures worldwide.
NEWS & EVENTS
- UD community has access to a world of opportunities throughout the month of November
- Japanese Ambassador Welcomed
- Engineers Without Borders to implement water systems in Malawi and Philippines
- Confucius Institute fall programming promotes intercultural dialogue, understanding
- UD seniors, study abroad alumni sponsor women’s running and leadership camp in Morocco
- Welcoming International Students
- UD alumnus Stephen Pope wins annual Peace Corps blog competition
- Assistant Secretary of State addresses young African change makers
- Senators Coons and Carper inspire, advise young global leaders during UD visit
IGS BlogSee how UD students are becoming informed, skilled, and open-minded citizens while traveling the world.
India BlogThe Longwood Graduate Fellows travel to India for an international experience in public horticulture.
Nursing in South AfricaFollow Nursing students as they engage in the changing health care system of South Africa.