The Institute for Global Studies (IGS) is a premier center for international education at the University of Delaware. We are forging partnerships in academics, research and public service around the world and educating engaged, global citizens.
Our Global Initiative focuses on helping students to expand their awareness and knowledge of the economic, political, cultural and social issues facing the world—and the skills to address them. This commitment to preparing students to be global citizens embraces diversity in all of its richness, on campus, across the U.S., and in countries and cultures worldwide.
NEWS & EVENTS
- Winners of the 2016 Study Abroad Photo and Video Contest announced
- UD's Karpyn wins Fulbright to study food insecurity on the island of Eleuthera
- UD administrators travel to China for Xiamen University's 95th anniversary
- OISS adds first-ever International Student Advisory Committee to growing student engagement strategy
- Study abroad program offers inside look at living and giving back in India
- UD students learn the art of field sketching in Brazil
- Study abroad program in Volterra emphasizes variety in coursework, experiences
- UD Chapter of Engineers Without Borders invites community to benefit dinner
- Model UN Conference prepares high school students to become world leaders
- World Scholars reflect on year while program prepares for expansion