The Institute for Global Studies (IGS) is a premier center for international education at the University of Delaware. We are forging partnerships in academics, research and public service around the world and educating engaged, global citizens.
Our Global Initiative focuses on helping students to expand their awareness and knowledge of the economic, political, cultural and social issues facing the world—and the skills to address them. This commitment to preparing students to be global citizens embraces diversity in all of its richness, on campus, across the U.S., and in countries and cultures worldwide.
NEWS & EVENTS
- Global Education Exchange opportunity for Engineering students
- UD to host Mandela Washington Fellows
- UD Officials Monitor Zika virus situation
- Students gain new perspectives on mathematics, life in Istanbul following terrorist bombing
- UD study abroad students in Istanbul safe following Tuesday blast
- Follow more than 1,100 students who have gone #UDAbroad this Winter
- Sights, sounds of Syria bring communities together through art and storytelling
- Delaware Diplomats events foster intercultural dialogue between students
- Musik, Masmoudi honored for work as study abroad faculty directors
- Research collaboration, exchanges top agendas as Danish and Chinese delegations visit
- International students recognized for sharing unique perspectives on life at UD
- Institute for Global Studies and Office of Graduate and Professional Education host
- Finnish higher education experts
IGS BlogSee how UD students are becoming informed, skilled, and open-minded citizens while traveling the world.