In Tribute and Memoriam
We realize that there are many ways to pay tribute to your family and friends. For this reason, we remain grateful to those who choose to honor or memorialize a loved one with a gift to the University of Delaware.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Encouraging Gifts in Lieu of Flowers
Honoring or memorializing a special person with a gift to the University of Delaware can be tremendously satisfying. It is a formal tribute to a loved one, friend, or colleague that provides valuable support to the University.
No matter what their size, gifts to celebrate a family member, classmate, faculty member or friend can be designated toward any existing UD program or fund—perhaps one that would be meaningful to the honored or memorialized individual—or left to the discretion of the University. Honorees and next-of-kin will be informed of your gesture with a customized tribute notification.
To make a tribute gift via credit card, please use our secure online form.
- Be sure to answer Yes to the question, Is this gift an honorary or memorial gift?
- Then, in the Special Instructions section, please give the name of the individual for whom you are making the gift.
To make a tribute gift via check, please follow these guidelines:
- Make the check payable to: “University of Delaware”.
- In the check’s memo section, please note the gift designation.
- Include a brief note with your check, to include the name of the individual for whom you are making a gift.
- Mail the check and the note to:
Development and Alumni Relations
Gifts Receiving and Processing Office
83 East Main Street, 3rd Floor
Newark, DE 19716