Welcome to the Controller's Office. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Financial Services within the Office of the Vice President for Finance & Administration, the Controller's Office is responsible for many of the University of Delaware's financial accounting and reporting functions. We provide and maintain the official accounting records and related systems of internal control in accordance with accounting principles and standards set by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), University policy and procedures, the requirements of federal and state governmental agencies, and external funding sources. Some of our major responsibilities include the following:
- Monitoring cash flow and reconciling University bank accounts;
- Preparing the University's consolidated financial statements and notes;
- Accounting for the University's endowment and other investments;
- Accounting and reporting for the University's long-term debt;
- Tracking University space data and utilization;
- Accounting for the capitalization and depreciation of University assets;
- Conducting the monthly and annual general ledger closing processes.
One of our other major responsibilities is offering guidance and advice to University personnel charged with financial management and control. We continuously strive to improve the customer service we provide and encourage you to contact us with feedback and suggestions.
- The 2013 fiscal year end close has been completed.
- UDeposit, the University web-based revenue allocation tool, will be updated on August 1, 2013. Users will see a new tab, allowing them to allocate cash and checks deposited at M&T bank. This will eliminate the need for those depositors to create Cash Transmittals on bank deposits to the REMO 27249647 account dated August 1, 2013 or later. Similar to our credit card merchants, these new users will now record revenue using UDeposit on a daily basis.