How Do I Purchase an AED?
Steps to obtain an AED
- Contact EHS to learn about the AED Program requirements as dictated by the State of Delaware and advise them that you are purchasing a unit.
- Establish Written Department Responsibilities
- Schedule Training
- Understand Program Costs
- Determine Mounting Location
- Contact Medtronic Physio-Control or Phillips to order a unit
Contact EHS once unit has arrived to set up unit
Contact Facilities to install case
Costs and Required Supplies (as of June 2008)
- EHS will provide the contact information for the current vendor
- AED Unit: $975.00
- Storage Cabinet: $170.00
- Pediatric Pads (recommended): $62.00
- Estimated Charge for Facilities to Mount Case: $80.00
- Training: $30.00 per person trained
- EHS recommends that at least 5-10 individuals are trained per building. There must be a few AED trained individuals in the
building during all hours of operation
- Estimated Total Cost to implement, assuming 10 people are trained: ~$1500.00
- Ongoing Costs:
- LifePak 500 Costs (Installed in Buildings before May 2006)
- The electrode pads expire and must be replaced every two years at a cost of ~$20.00
- The battery expires and must be replaced every five years at a cost of ~$250.00. The shelf life on the battery depends on
how the unit is stored. Sometimes the batteries require replacement sooner than five years.
- LifePak CR Express Costs (Installed in Buildings after May 2006)
- The electrode pads and battery expire and must be replaced every two years at a cost of approximately $100.00
- Philips OnSite Costs (Installed in Buildings after May 2008)
Philips Onsite Information
- The electrode pads must be replaced every two years at a cost of approximately $38.00
- The battery must be replaced every five years at a cost of approximately $100.00
- All AED responders require recertification training every two years at a cost of $30.00 per person.
- Computer Software and Download Cable: $344.00
For more information, please call Environmental Health & Safety at 831-8475, or e-mail Krista Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.