EDST 391: H. sapiens: What does it mean to be “human”?
Buss, Chapter 5: Men’s Long-Term Mating Strategie (pp. 139-173)
- Please interview at least four individuals.
You might explain that
your class is studying the attributes that men and women look
for in a mate and how they try to attract that sort of mate. Here, we
getting at the question from the opposite direction: things men
and women do to be attractive that
actually irritate or put off the other sex.
We often get insight into what people want by asking them what they
Here are sample questions. Rephrase them as you wish. Follow them up
when answers are unclear--or interesting!
- For women:
- What do some guys do to seem attractive
that you really don't like? Why don't women like that?
- Do you think there are things women do to attract a man
that men really don't like? Why do you think that backfires?
- For men:
- What do some girls do to seem attractive
that you really don't like? Why don't men like that?
- Do you think there are things men do to attract a woman
that women really don't like? Why do you think that backfires?
- Please summarize your results. Was there anything particularly