William S. Weintraub
Christiana Care Health System
4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19718-6001
- 1967-1971 B.S. in physics, Summa cum laude, Tufts University, Medford Massachusetts
- 1971-1975 M.D., The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
- 1980-82 Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- 1982-86 Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- 1986-94 Associate Professor of Medicine, Emory University
- 1994-2005 Professor of Medicine, Emory University
- 1995-2005 Professor of Health Policy and Management (joint appt), Emory University
- Professor in the Center for Clinical Evaluation Sciences
- Professor of Epidemiology (joint appointment), Emory University
- 2005- Professor Emeritus of Medicine, Emory University
Professor Emeritus of Health Policy and Management, Emory University
Professor of Medicine, Jefferson University
Professor of Health, Nutrition and Exercise Sciences (Adjunct), University of Delaware
- 1980-86 Associate Director of Experimental Cardiology, Presbyterian-University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
Director, Cardiology Computer Center, Presbyterian-University of Pennsylvania Medical Center Philadelphia, PA
- 1980-86 Director, Graphics Laboratory, Presbyterian-University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
Staff Physician, Presbyterian-University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- 1984-86 Member, Animal Care Committee, Presbyterian-University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- 1985-86 Member, Institution Review Board, Presbyterian-University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
Member, Cardiology Fellowship Selection Committee, Presbyterian-University Of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- 1981-86 Member, Intern Selection Committee, Presbyterian-University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Phildelphia, PA
- 1985-86 Member, Department of Medicine Computerization Committee, Presbyterian-University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- 1986-2005 Staff Physician, Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA
- 1986-2005 Staff Physician, Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, GA
- 1986-2005 Director, Cardiovascular Epidemiology, Emory Clinic Atlanta, GA
- 1991-1994 Partner, Emory Clinic
- 1994-2005 Founding Senior Member, Emory Clinic, Inc
- 1993-1994 Member, Informatics Steering Committee, Emory University
- 1993-1994 Member, Information Services Advisory Committee, Emory University
Chairman, Emory University Hospital/Emory Clinic Informatics Steering Committee
- 1994-1999 Director, Program in Cardiovascular Health Services Research, Center for Clinical Evaluation Sciences
Director, Emory Center for Outcomes Research (ECOR)
Director, Cardiology Section, Christiana Care Health Services
Director, Christiana Center for Outcomes research
John H. Ammon Chair in Cardiology, Christiana Care Health System
Recent Publications/Books & Publications
-  Riegel B, Glaser D, Richards K, Sayers SL, Marzolf A, Weintraub WS, Goldberg LR. Modifiable factors associated with sleep dysfunction in adulst with heart Failure. In press, European J of Cardiovascular Nursing.
-  Garelnabi M, Veledar E, White-Welkley J, Santanam N, Abramson J, Weintraub WS, Parthasarathy S. Vitamin E differentially affects the short term exercise induced changes in oxidative stress, lipids and inflammatory markers: a double blind randomized controlled trial. In press, Nutrition, Metabolism & Cardiovascular Diseases.
-  Riegel, B, Hanlon A, Zhang X, Fleck D, Sayers S, Goldberg LR. Weintraub WS. What is the best measure of daytime sleepiness in adults with heart failure. J Am Academy of Nurse Practitioners. In press.
-  Weintraub WS, Karlsberg RP, Tcheng JE, Buston AE, Heidenreich P, Boris J, Hendel RC, Dove JT, Jacobs AK, Fonarow GC, Lewis W, Goldberg LR, Mirro MJ, Shahian DM. ACC/AHAA key data elements and definitions of a base cardiovascular vocabulary for electronic health records: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Data Standards (Writing Committee to Develop Clinical Data Standards for Adult Cardiovascular Electronic Health Records). In Press J Am Coll Cardiol/Circulation 2011;124:103-123.
-  Weintraub WS, Daniels S, Burke LE, Franklin B, Goff DC, Hayman L, Lloyd-Jones D, Pandey DK, Sanchez E, Parsons Schram A, Whitsel LP. The Value of Primordial and Primary Prevention for Cardiovascular Disease. In Press, Circulation.
-  Maron DJ, Boden WE, Spertus JA, Hartigan PM, Mancini GBJ, Sedlis SP, Kostuk WJ, Chaitman BR, Shaw LJ, Berman DS, Dada M, Teo KK, Weintraub WS, O’Rourke RA for the COURAGE Trial Research Group. Impact of metabolic syndrome and diabetes on prognosis and outcomes with early percutaneous coronary intervention in the COURAGE (Clinical Outcomes Utilizing Revascularization and Aggressive Drug Evaluation) Trial. J Am Coll Cardiol 2011;58:131-137.
- 2002-2003 $49,737 Sanofi: CURE Economics
- $64,258 Sanofi: CURE: United States Long Term Cost-Effectiveness
- $59,841 Sanofi: PCI-CURE United States Long Term Cost-Effectiveness
- $150,730 Sanofi: CREDO Cost-Effectiveness
- 2003-2004 $25,000 American College of Cardiology, Outcomes modeling
- 2003-2005 $367,000 Centers for Disease Control, VERITAS study
- 2005-2008 $250,000 PREVENT, BMS
- 2006-2008 $100,000 Angina Management, CVT
- 2003-2006 $50,000 Merck, VERITAS study
- 2007-2008 $150,000 EVEREST, Otsuka
- 2007-2008 $50,000 VISICU
- 2007-2008 $150,000 Van Gogh, Sanofi-Aventis
- 2007-2009 $250,000 ADP-DES AstraZeneca
- 2007- $1,500,000 Impact of Sleepiness on Heart Failure Self-Care, NIH
- 2009- $17,400,000 INBRE, NIH
- 2009- $4,100,000 ASCERT Study, NIH
Honors & Awards
- 1979 Fellow, Heart Foundation, Mount Sinai 1978.
- 1971 Order of the Sigma Xi, Tufts University 1971.
- 1971 Benjamin Brown Scholar, Tufts University 1970.
- 1970 Phi Beta Kappa, Tufts University 1970.
- 1968 Society of Scholars, Tufts University 1968.
- 2011 American College of Cardiology Distinguished Service Award
- American College of Physicians:
Fellow, American College of Cardiology
American Federation for Clinical Research
American Association for the Advancement of Science