Gail H. Wade
School of Nursing
325 McDowell Hall
- PhD Widener University School of Nursing
- MS Nursing University of Delaware
- BSN Nursing University of Delaware
- Nursing Workforce
- Nursing Education
- Preconception Health
- Injury Prevention
Peer Reviewd Publications
- Wade, G., Herrman, J., & McBeth-Snyder, L. (2012). A Preconception Care Program for Women in a College Setting. Journal of Maternal-Child Nursing, 37(3), 164 - 170.
- Diefenbeck, C., Hayes, E., Wade, G., & Herrman, J. (2011). Student-Centered Outcomes Evaluation of the Clinical Immersion Program: Five years later. Journal of Nursing Education, 20 (10), 1 – 8.
- Wade, G. H. & Hayes, E. R. (2010). Challenges and Opportunities Associated with Preceptored Community Clinical Experiences. Public Health Nursing, 27(5), 459 -467.
- Wade, G. H. et. al. (2008). Influence of Organizational Characteristics and Caring
Attributes of Managers on Nurses’ Job Enjoyment. Journal of Advanced Nursing 64 (4), 344 – 353.
- Wade, G. H. & Kasper, N. (2006). Nursing students’ perceptions of instructor caring:
An instrument based on Watson’s Theory of Transpersonal Caring. Journal of Nursing Education, 45(5), 162 – 168.
- Wade, G. H. (2004). A model of the attitudinal component of professional nurse autonomy in
female baccalaureate nursing students. Journal of Nursing Education, 43(3), 116 - 124.
- Wade, G. H. (1999). Professional nurse autonomy: Concept analysis and application to nursing education. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 30, 310-318.
- Wade, G. H. (1999). Using the case method to develop critical thinking skills for the care
of high-risk families. Journal of Family Nursing, 5, 92-109.
- Wade, G. H. (1998). A concept analysis of personal transformation. Journal of Advanced
Nursing, 28, 713-719.
- Wade, G. H. (1995). Is research in the practice setting feasible? Journal of Continuing
Education in Nursing, 26, 253-256.
- Wade, G. H. (1992). Update on the DENVER II. Pediatric Nursing 18(2), 140- 141.
- Wade, G. H. (1981). A relationship between urinary retention, multiple straight catheterization, and the incidence of urinary tract infection in the female adolescent following a posterior spinal fusion. Orthopedic Nursing 1(1), 23-27.
Misc. Publications (editorials, book chapters, technical reports, etc.)
- Wade, G. H. (in press). Immunizations. In Youngkin, E., & Folden, S. (Eds.), Promoting Health from Preconception through Maturity: A Unique Nursing Role. Philadelphia: F.A. Davis Company.
- Wade, G. H. (2010) Fluid problems in infants and children. In J. L. Kee & B. J. Paulanka & C. Polek (Eds.), Handbook of fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base imbalance (3rd Ed.). Albany: Delmar Publishers.
- Wade, G. H. (2010) Fluid problems of infants and children. In J. L. Kee & B. J.
Paulanka & C. Polek (Eds.), Fluid and electrolytes with clinical applications: A programmed approach (8th ed.). Albany: Delmar Publishers.
- Wade, G. H. (2006). Injury Prevention: Basic Certificate Course. Produced by
University of Delaware, College of Health Sciences, Division of Special Programs in partnership with Delaware Health and Social Services, Division of Public Health, Office of Emergency Medical Services.
Refereed Scholarly Presentations
- 2011 A Preconception Peer Educator Program for College Women (presentation). The 3rd National Summit on Preconception Health and Health Care. Tampa Florida, June 12-14.
- 2009 - A Preconception Health Program for College Females (presentation). 33rd Annual Women’s Health Conference – Drexel University sponsored.
- 2007 - Influence of Organizational Characteristics and Caring Attributes of Managers on Nurses’ Job Enjoyment (presentation). Sigma Theta Tau International 39th Biennial Convention.
- 2003 - Development of an Instrument to Measure Nursing Students’ Perceptions of Instructor Caring (paper). Scientific Session of the 37th Biennial Convention, Sigma Theta Tau International.
- 2003 - Development of an Instrument to Measure Nursing Students’ Perceptions of Instructor Caring (paper). Calling a Circle of Caring. 25th Annual International Association of Human Caring Conference.
- 2002 - Perceptions of Instructor Caring Behaviors, Self-Esteem, and Perceived Clinical
Competence: A Model of the Attitudinal component of Professional Nurse Autonomy in
Nursing Students. American Nurses Association. Grand Rounds Poster Session at
American Nurses’ Association Biennial Convention.
- 2001 - A Model of the Attitudinal Component of Professional Nurse Autonomy. National
League for Nursing (NLN) Education Summit 2001 (poster).
- 2001 - Leadership Development during a Peer Leadership Experience. Saint Xavier University School of Nursing/Center for Nursing Scholarship. Chicago Institute for Nursing Education.
- 2001 - Perceptions of Instructor Caring Behaviors, Self-Esteem, and Perceived Clinical
Competence: A Model of the Attitudinal Component of Professional Nurse Autonomy in
Female Baccalaureate Nursing Students. Eastern Nursing Research Society (ENRS) 13th
Annual Scientific Sessions.
- 2001 - Perceptions of Instructor Caring Behaviors, Self-Esteem, and Perceived Clinical Competence: A Model of the Attitudinal Component of Professional Nurse Autonomy in Female Baccalaureate Nursing Students. Nursing Research Section, New Zealand Nurses Organisation.
- 2008 - Tools of the Trade for Data Collection. Project Research: From Ideas to Innovations. Christiana Care, DuPont Hospital for Children, and University of Delaware Annual Research Conference.
- 2008 - A Program on Preconception Health for Female College Students (panel presentation with J. Herrman). Delaware Healthy Maternal Infant Coalition Annual Conference.
- 2008 - The Assessment Process used in the School of Nursing – panel presentation at the Assessment Conference, University of Delaware.
- 2006 - ABC’s of Submitting an Abstract. Christiana Care Health System Nursing Research Conference: Show Me the Evidence: And Now What?
Grants Completed during last 5 years
- Women’s Program for Preconception Health. MARCH OF DIMES - Delaware State Chapter Community Grant Program. March 30, 2007 through June 30, 2008.(PI) Investigator)
- Factors Influencing Professional Nursing Practice and Job Enjoyment. Sigma Theta Tau International June 1, 2005 to May 31, 2006 (PI)
- Developing A Basic Injury Prevention Curriculum . Division of Public Health, Delaware Health & Social Services. March 1, 2005 to June 30, 2005. (PI)
- Conducting an Injury Prevention Curriculum Feasibility Study – Year 2. Division of Public Health, Delaware Health & Social Services. Contract amended to September 30, 2004. (PI)