Wayne F. Voelmeck
School of Nursing
329 McDowell Hall
- Illness perception and its impact on self-care behaviors in older individuals
- Quality of Life outcomes for individuals with Heart Failure
- Family Presence in the Emergency Department
- Ph.D. The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing, Austin, TX
- (Holistic Adult Health with Integrated Scholarly Portfolio and Gerontology Portfolio)
- M.S. Boston University School of Nursing, Boston MA
- B.S.N. Marymount College School of Nursing, Salina, KS
- Critical Care and Med-Surg clinical background with recent experience in Staff Development.
- NURS372 Adult Health Nursing
- NURS609 Nursing Science: Theory & Research
- Mangurten, J., Scott, S., Guzzetta, C. E., Clark, A. P., Vinson, L., Sperry, J., Hicks, B, & Voelmeck, W. F. (2006). Family Presence during Resuscitation Interventions and Invasive Procedures in a Pediatric Emergency Department: Attitudes and Experiences of Parents and Healthcare Providers. Journal of Emergency Nursing, 32(3), 225-33.
- Stuifbergen, A., Phillips, L., Voelmeck, W., & Browder, R. (2006) Illness Perceptions and Related Outcomes Among Women with Fibromyalgia Syndrome. Women’s Health Issues, 16(6). 353-60.
- Clark , A. P., Aldridge, M. D., Guzzetta, C. E., Nyquist-Heise, P., Norris, M., Loper, P., Meyers, T. A., & Voelmeck, W. F. (2005). Family Presence During
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. Critical Care Nursing Clinics of North America, 17(1), 23-32.
- Clark, A. P., Stuifbergen, A., Gottlieb, N. H., Voelmeck, W. F., Delville, C., & Darby, D, (2006). Health Promotion in Heart Failure--A Paradigm Shift? Holistic Nursing Practice20(2), 73-9.
- McDougall, G. J., Adams, M. L., & Voelmeck, W. F. (2004). Barriers to Prostate Cancer Screening in African-American Males. Geriatric Nursing, 25(6), 336-40.
- Becker, H., Roberts, G., & Voelmeck, W. (2003). Explanations for improvement in both experimental and control groups. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 25(6), 746-55.
- “Function, Symptoms, and Consequences of Illness Matter Most for Quality of Life in Older Individuals with Heart Failure” Poster presentation at the Gerontological Society of America 59th Annual Scientific Meeting 'Education & The Gerontological Imagination' November 18, 2006 at Dallas, Texas.
- “Relationship of Heart Failure Self-Care Behaviors to Health-Related Quality of Life in Elderly Individuals” Poster presentation at the CPHR Research Conference for Improving the Health and Health Promoting Behaviors in Underserved Populations: Promoting Health in Underserved Populations. Austin, TX, April 7, 2005.
- “ Dyspnea: Basic Strategies for Improving Outcomes” Presented via Webex statewide to Home Health Agencies contracted with Texas Medical Foundation. January 20, 2004.