Nemours Health & Prevention Programs
Nemours Health & Prevention Services
252 Chapman Road
Newark DE 19702
- 1970-74 B.A. Boston University, with Distinction (Psychology)
- 1976-78 M.S. University of Connecticut (Biobehavioral Science - Child Development)
- 1978-83 Ph.D. Binghamton University (Clinical Psychology)
- 1983-1985 Assistant Professor of Psychology, College of Arts & Sciences, Michigan State University.
- 1987-1998 Assistant Professor of Psychology in Psychiatry, George Washington Medical School, The George Washington University.
- 1995-1999 Assistant Professor of Psychology, Columbian College of Arts and Sciences, The George Washington University.
- 2002-2007 Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Thomas Jefferson Medical College.
- 2007- Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Thomas Jefferson Medical College.
- 2009- Senior Fellow, Jefferson School of Population Health.
- 1983-85 Michigan State University Psychology Clinic, Co-Director Child & Family Therapy
- 1985-87 Cumberland Hospital, New Kent, VA, Director Behavior Therapy Program
- 1987-91 Children's National Medical Center Director Diabetes Psychosocial Program
- 1989-91 Children’s National Medical Center Transplant Review Committee
- 1989-94 Children's National Medical Center Director Psychology Training
- 1993-98 Children's National Medical Center Director ADHD Program Rockville MD
- 1998-00 Geisinger Medical Center Director ADHD Evaluation & Treatment Program
- 2001-07 AI duPont Hospital for Children, Director ADHD Program
- 2002-04 AI duPont Hospital for Children, Director Postdoctoral Fellow Training
- 2002- present AI duPont Hospital for Children, Director Primary Care Mental Health Program
- 2003-07 Nemours Clinical Management Orlando FL - Consulting Psychologist on Programs for ADHD, Sickle Cell, Oncology, Gastroenterology, Sleep Disorders
- 2008-2009 Nemours Health & Prevention Division – Consulting Psychologist
Hospital and Administrative Appointments:
Recent Publications/Books & Publications
- Listug-Linde, L, Bredemeier, K & Tynan, WD (2005) Concurrent parent and child group outcomes for child externalizing disorders: Generalizability to typical clinical settings. International Journal of Behavioral Consultation and Therapy, (1), e-journal, pg 124-129.
- Axelrad M, Pendley J, Miller D, Tynan WD (2008) Effective treatment of behavior problems in preschoolers. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings 15, 120-126.
- Tynan, WD (2009) Child Mental Health Services in Delaware. Delaware Medical Journal, (81), 1-9.
- Tynan WD, Dreyer, M & Stehl, ML (2009) Risk Factors for Emotional and Behavioral Problems. Head Start Bulletin, 80, 24-25.
- Pendley, J.S., Tynan, W.D. (2011). Chapter 28: Starting a New School in The Parents’ Guide to Psychological First Aid. (Ed.) G.P. Koocher, A.M. La Greca.
- Tynan, W.D., Pendley, J.S. (2011). Chapter 29: Making Sense of Report Cards in The Parents’ Guide to Psychological First Aid. (Ed.) G.P. Koocher, A.M. La Greca.
- Miller, P, Tynan, W.D. (2011). Delaware’s Success in Promoting Healthy Eating and Physical Activity in Child Care in The Advocate a Division 37 of the American Psychology Association, Volume 34, Number 2.
- W. D. Tynan & T. Hahn: (1999-2000) Pediatric Endowment Fund Project for Multidisciplinary Disruptive Behavior Clinic at Knapper Clinic, Demonstration Project Funding for first year: $42,136, Two year total of $84,500.
- W.D. Tynan (2002-2004) Development of Pediatric & Psychology Collaborative Care for Intervention on early onset behavior problems in preschool children. The Nemours Foundation, Two year total of $91,000.
- W.D. Tynan (2002-2004) Psychology Training in Collaborative Pediatric Care. HHS/HRSA Graduate Psychology Education Program grant. $171,000
- W.D. Tynan (2004-2012) Psychology Training in Collaborative Pediatric Care. HHS/HRSA Graduate Psychology Education Program grant. $963,000
- American Academy of Pediatrics Affiliate Member 2006-present
- American Psychological Association 1982-present
Fellow Clinical Child (53) & Pediatric (54) Divisions
Member Health Psychology (38) and Child Advocacy (37) Divisions
Executive Board of Pediatric Psychology Division 54
Executive Board of Clinical Child Psychology Division 53
- Society for Research in Child Development 2004-present
- Society for Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics 2000-present
SDBP Research Committee
SDBP Committee on Residency Training
- American Board Clinical Health Psychology
Vice President 1999-2003
Executive Board Member 1996-present
- American Academy of Clinical Health Psychology
- American Academy of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology
- Delaware Psychological Association
- Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association
- Delaware Epilepsy Foundation - Member Professional Advisory Board