Steven J. Stanhope, PhD
Director BADER Consortium
205C McDowell Hall
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
- Human movement analysis
- 1985 University of Maryland at College Park -- Ph.D. Degree Concentrations: Biomechanics, Human Anatomy, and Exercise Physiology
- 1983 Externship in Neurosurgery, St. Joseph's Hospital, Providence, RI. Summer clinical externship program assigned to a neurosurgical team.
- 1982 University of Maryland at College Park -- M.A. Degree Concentrations: Biomechanics and Exercise Physiology
- 1980 Boston University -- B.S. Degree Human Movement Studies
- 1976 United States Naval Academy – Midshipman Honorable discharge
- BMSC 866 Special Problems
- HESC 485 Research in Exercise Science
- BMSC 868 Independent Research
- MEEG 466 Independent Study
- UNIV 401 Senior thesis
- UNIV 369 UG Research Sustaining
- KAAP 690 Biomechanical Methods
- KAAP 400 Research Methods (honors and non-honors)
- NURS467-080 Biomedical Research Ethics (Guest Lecturer)
- Clinical Research Ethics – UD Responsible Conduct of Research annual training seminar.
Honors, Awards, and Major Professional Offices Held
- 2011 Principal Investigator—BADER Consortium
- 2009-present Principal Investigator—Gait Adaptations to Passive Dynamic Ankle-Foot Orthosis Use – Technology Development Pilot Project.
- 2008-present Principal Investigator—Exemption from full Human Subject Research Board review (2/26/08) to access the unlinked database related to terminated protocol 05-CC-0175 “Gait Adaptations to Passive Dynamic Ankle-Foot Orthosis Use.”
- 2009 University of Delaware – Inventors, Recognition Award.
- 2009 The Catholic University of America – Certificate of Appreciation for ten years service on the Department of Biomedical Engineering Advisory Board.
- 2008 Reviewer Recognition, NIH, Center for Scientific Review, Special Emphasis Panel, ZRG1 MOSS-F 15 B, Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation.
- 2008 Appointed to the Delaware Institute for Medical Education and Research (DIMER) Board of Directors.