Roger J. Spacht
Behavioral Health & Nutrition
029 Carpenter Sports Bldg.
- 1980, Ph.D., Indiana University
- 1977, M.S., Western Kentucky University
- 1974, B.S., The Penn State University
- EDA Chair for the 2004 EDA Conference; Burlington, VT March 2-7
- EDA/AAHPERD Past-President, member of the EDA Executive Board
- Bear/Glasgow YMCA Executive Board, 1998 to present
- AAHPERD/AALR-Chair, Ethics Committee and Membership Committee, 1998
Honors and Awards
- AAHPERD/EDA Outstanding Professional Award in Recreation, 1998
- "The Value and Benefit of Adventure Challenge Education", The Pennsylvania AHPERD Journal; Fall 1998.
- "Keeping it safe: Liability and Adventure Programming"; Camping Magazine: July 1995.
Presentations and Scholarly Achievements
- "PE ... there is Adventure", 2003 AAHPERD National Convention; Philadelphia, PA; March, 2003
- "Student Leadership Roundtable", 2003 AAHPERD National Convention; Philadelphia, PA; March, 2003
- AAHPERD/EDA; "Covey Counseling Approaches in Adventure Challenge Education". February, 1998.
- AAHPERD/EDA; "The Adventure Challenge Experience can go Outside the Physical Education Unit". March, 1996.
- International Camping Congress; "Adventure Based Camp Counseling"; Toronto, Ontario, Canada. March, 1994.