Associate Professor with Tenure
School of Nursing
313 McDowell Hall
- Postdoctoral Fellowship University of Pennsylvania
- PhD University of Pennsylvania
- MSN University of Pennsylvania, Adult Health and Illness, Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Neurological, neuropsychological, and neuroendocrine correlates of violent and other high risk behaviors of females at risk.
- Historical aspects of health and illness focused mainly on neurological and other mental health from the 18th to 21st century.
- Neurological rehabilitation after physical and emotional trauma.
- Preventing neurological decline in populations at risk.
Selected Honors and Awards
- Fellow American Academy of Nursing (FAAN)
- Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN) 2013 Doctorate-Prepared Researcher Role Award for contribution to Rehabilitation Nursing, ARN, Annual National Meeting, Charlotte, NC
- Writing Award, Association of Rehabilitation Nurses, Honorable Mention 2008, Second place 2004
- Nominated for Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Delaware, 2005, 2008
- Delaware Excellence in Nursing Practice Finalist Nurse Educator Award, Delaware Nurses Association, July, 2008
- Writing Award, Honorable Mention, American Association of Neuroscience Nurses, 2006
- Marion R. Gregory Award for the proposal that holds significant promise as a contribution to nursing knowledge, University of Pennsylvania, 2001
- Ann W. Burgess Distinguished Dissertation in Mental Health Award, University of Pennsylvania, 2001
- Connell Neurosurgical Writing Award, American Association of Neuroscience Nurses, 1992
- Sigma Theta Tau, International Honor Society of Nursing