Janice A. Selekman
School of Nursing
317 McDowell Hall
- D.N.Sc., University of Pennsylvania, Nursing Research
- M.S.N., University of Pennsylvania, Nursing of Children
- B.S.N., University of Pittsburgh
- Nationally Certified School Nurse
- Fellow in the National Academy of School Nursing
- School health
- Health and wellness needs of children in the schools, home, or hospital
- Identification of Factors to Determine the Efficacy of School Nursing Practice
- Selekman, J. (2013). School Nursing: A Comprehensive Text (2nd Edition). Philadelphia PA: F.A. Davis.
- Selekman, J. & Jakubik, L. (2012). Pediatric Certification Review (2nd Edition). Oak Creek, WI: Society of Pediatric Nurses.
- Selekman, J. & Wolfe, L. (2008). School Nursing Certification Review. Silver Spring, MD: National Association of School Nurses.
- Selekman, J. (2008). Adolescent Gambling. Pediatric Nursing, 34(4), 325-328.
- Selekman, J. & Vessey, J. (2010). School and the child with a chronic condition. In Jackson-Allen, Vessey, and Shapiro, Primary Care of the Child with a Chronic Condition. (pp. 42-59). St. Louis: Elsevier.
- Selekman, J. (2010). Attention-Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder. In Jackson-Allen, Vessey, and Shapiro, Primary Care of the Child with a Chronic Condition. (pp. 197-217). St. Louis: Elsevier.
More than a dozen keynote presentations each year to organizations, such as the National Association of School Nurses, the Society of Pediatric Nurses, state School Nurse organizations, regional and hospital pediatric conferences, and state or district interdisciplinary workshops. Topics include:
- Risky behaviors of school-age children and teens (sexuality, body piercing/tattooing, gambling, tanning, drugs/alcohol/smoking)
- The changing family
- Intentional Non-suicidal Self Injury
- Children with Chronic Conditions
- Violence in children
- Sacred Cows in Pediatric Nursing Practice
- The Changing State of Mental Health in Children