Veronica F. Rempusheski
Jeanne K. Buxbaum Chair of Nursing Science (professor)
& Coordinator, PhD in Nursing Science Program
School of Nursing
207 McDowell Hall
- Ph.D., University of Arizona (Clinical research – gerontological nursing; anthropology)
- M.S., University of Colorado (Medical-Surgical nursing, emphasis in teaching)
- B.S., Seton Hall University (Nursing)
- Diploma in Nursing, Clara Maass Memorial Hospital School of Nursing
- NURS 812 Philosophical and Theoretical Basis of Nursing Science
- NURS 816 Advanced Qualitative Research in Nursing Science
- Elder care within a family context, including elders with dementia, family caregiving, and grandparent-grandchild relationships, 3 & 4- generation families; ethnicity/ethnic identity
- 2009 - 2012 CO-PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR (with P. Klemm), “Academic-Community-Clinical Engagement for Support and Successful Outcomes (ACCESS),” IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (Delaware INBRE), Admin Supplement [PI: K. Steiner], funded by National Center for Research Resources (5P20RR016472-12) & National Institute of General Medical Sciences/NIH (8P20 GM103446-12), 9/3/09-9/2/12 (UDSON/$598,614). [18% effort]
- 2008-10 CO-INVESTIGATOR, “Support for Independent Living and a Vital, Energetic Retirement (SILVER), A NORC initiative,” (PI: D. Zatuchni), funded by U.S. Administration on Aging (Jewish Family Services of Delaware), 8/1/08-1/31/10 ($25,245/University of Delaware subaward for research evaluation/outcome measurement).
- 2010-15 PROJECT DIRECTOR, UD Consortium Partner/ ASSOCIATE PROJECT DIRECTOR, Eastern Pennsylvania-Delaware Geriatric Education Center (EPaD GEC), sub-award from Thomas Jefferson University (PD,EPaD GEC: C. Arenson, funded by HRSA, US DHHS, 7/1/10-6/30/15)[10% effort] ($250,000) .
- 2013-2014 PROJECT DIRECTOR/PI, UD Consortium Partner. EPaD GEC Alzheimer’s Disease Education Supplement, HRSA, DHHS 7/1/2013-6/30/14 ($5,184).
2012-2014 PROJECT DIRECTOR, Virginia Lee Franklin Scholars designation, PhD in Nursing Science Program. Franklin Trust ($50,000).
2012-2014 PROJECT DIRECTOR, Jonas Nurse Leaders Scholars Program, PhD in Nursing Science Program. Jonas Center for Nursing Excellence, AACN ($20,000).
Selected Recent Publications
- Rempusheski, V. F., Haigh, K. M., & Davidson, L. M. (in press/2012). College students’ perceptions of their grandparents and communication technology use. Journal of Intergenerational Relationships, 10(4).
- Cizik, A.M., Engelman, K.K., Ellerbeck, E.F. & Rempusheski, V.F. (in press). Perceptions of the screening mammography experience by Hispanic and non-Hispanic white women. Women’s Health Issues.
- Rempusheski, V.F. (2011). Development across the Lifespan. Part III. Older Adults. In J. M. Wilkinson & L. Treas, Fundamentals of Nursing (2nd edition). Philadelphia: F. A. Davis Company.
Selected Presentations, 2011-2012
- Klemm, P., Rempusheski, V., Teixeira, J., Perry, J., Jurkowitz, C., Zhang, W., Merson, M. A.., & Exner, A. (2012, September). Outcomes of targeted, tailored outreach to older adults affected by cancer and their family caregivers. 2012 National State of the Science Congress on Nursing Research, sponsored by the Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science, Washington, D.C.
- Teixeira, J. F., Alligood-Merson, M., Exner, A., Jurkovitz, C., Klemm, P., Perry, J. (presenter) & Rempusheski, V. F. (2012, June). ACCESS Outreach sustainability model: National implications. Association of Oncology Social Work Annual Conference, Boston, MA
- Rempusheski, V. F. (2012, May). Community-based participatory research: Outreach to older adults in Delaware’s 8 cancer clusters. First Friday “Brown Bag” Research Seminar Series, Molloy College Division of Nursing, Rockville Centre, NY
- Rempusheski, V. F., Klemm, P., Teixeira, J. F., Perry, J. R., Thompson, N. & Jurkovitz, C. (2012, February). ACCESS Outreach sustainability model: National implications. [poster] American Psychosocial Oncology Society 9th Annual Conference, Miami, FL
- Rempusheski, V. F. (January 2012). The first PhD in nursing science in the First State. [poster] American Association of Colleges of Nursing 2012 Doctoral Education Conference, Naples, FL
- Rempusheski, V. F., Klemm, P., Teixeira, J. F., Perry, J. R., Jurkovitz, C., Merson, M., & Exner, A. (2011, November). ACCESS: Satisfaction with telehealth cancer care resources by mature adults. 64th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Gerontological Society of America (GSA), Boston, MA
- Ziminski, C., & Rempusheski, V. F. (2011, November). This is not a screen for elder abuse: Lessons learned encouraging elderly in the community to participate in abuse research. 64th Annual Scientific Meeting of the GSA, Boston
Honors and Awards, 2008-2010
- 2009 University of Delaware Excellence in Teaching nominee
- 2008 nominated, Excellence in Undergraduate Academic Advising Award, University of Delaware
- 2008 Distinguished Alumni Award, Gerontology Institute, Georgia State University, July 2008.