Veronica F. Rempusheski
Jeanne K. Buxbaum Chair of Nursing Science (professor)
& Coordinator, PhD in Nursing Science Program
School of Nursing
207 McDowell Hall
- Ph.D., University of Arizona (Clinical research – gerontological nursing; anthropology)
- M.S., University of Colorado (Medical-Surgical nursing, emphasis in teaching)
- B.S., Seton Hall University (Nursing)
- Diploma in Nursing, Clara Maass Memorial Hospital School of Nursing
- NURS 812 Philosophical and Theoretical Basis of Nursing Science
- NURS 816 Advanced Qualitative Research in Nursing Science
- NURS 850 Dissertation Proposal Seminar
- Elder care within a family context, including elders with dementia, family caregiving, and grandparent-grandchild relationships, 3 & 4- generation families; ethnicity/ethnic identity
- 2009 - 2012 CO-PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR (with P. Klemm), “Academic-Community-Clinical Engagement for Support and Successful Outcomes (ACCESS),” IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (Delaware INBRE), Admin Supplement [PI: K. Steiner], funded by National Center for Research Resources (5P20RR016472-12) & National Institute of General Medical Sciences/NIH (8P20 GM103446-12), 9/3/09-9/2/12 (UDSON/$598,614). [18% effort]
- 2008-10 CO-INVESTIGATOR, “Support for Independent Living and a Vital, Energetic Retirement (SILVER), A NORC initiative,” (PI: D. Zatuchni), funded by U.S. Administration on Aging (Jewish Family Services of Delaware), 8/1/08-1/31/10 ($25,245/University of Delaware subaward for research evaluation/outcome measurement).
- 2010-15 PROJECT DIRECTOR, UD Consortium Partner/ ASSOCIATE PROJECT DIRECTOR, Eastern Pennsylvania-Delaware Geriatric Education Center (EPaD GEC), sub-award from Thomas Jefferson University (PD,EPaD GEC: C. Arenson, funded by HRSA, US DHHS, 7/1/10-6/30/15)[15% effort] ($250,000) .
- 2013-2014 PROJECT DIRECTOR/PI, UD Consortium Partner. EPaD GEC Alzheimer’s Disease Education Supplement, HRSA, DHHS 7/1/2013-6/30/14 ($5,184).
2012-2014 PROJECT DIRECTOR, Virginia Lee Franklin Scholars designation, PhD in Nursing Science Program. Franklin Trust ($50,000).
2012-2014 PROJECT DIRECTOR, Jonas Nurse Leaders Scholars Program, PhD in Nursing Science Program. Jonas Center for Nursing Excellence, AACN ($20,000).
Selected Publications, 2012-13
- Klemm, P., Rempusheski, V. F., & Teixeira, J. (2013, June). A non-profit community service and academic collaboration to increase outreach to older adults with cancer: Lessons learned. Journal of Gerontological Social Work. doi:: 10.1080/01634372.2013.793222.
- Rempusheski, V. F., Haigh, K. M., & Davidson, L. M. (2012). College students’ perceptions of their grandparents and communication technology use. Journal of Intergenerational Relationships, 10(4), 370-385.
- Cizik, A.M., Engelman, K.K., Ellerbeck, E.F. & Rempusheski, V.F. (2012). Perceptions of the screening mammography experience by Hispanic and non-Hispanic white women. Women’s Health Issues, 22(4), e395-e401.
Selected Presentations, 2012-2013
- McLane, M. A., & Rempusheski, V. F. (2013, July). Collaboration with nursing: A ‘provide the face’ goldmine. Annual Meeting of the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, Houston, TX
- Rempusheski, V. F. (2013, April). Complexity science and the intersection of nursing practice and PhD studies. [Keynote address] 26th Annual Reinkemeyer Research Day, Seton Hall University College of Nursing, S. Orange, NJ
- Klemm, P., Rempusheski, V., Teixeira, J., Perry, J., Jurkowitz, C., Zhang, W., Merson, M. A.., & Exner, A. (2012, September). Outcomes of targeted, tailored outreach to older adults affected by cancer and their family caregivers. 2012 National State of the Science Congress on Nursing Research, sponsored by the Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science, Washington, D.C.
- Teixeira, J. F., Alligood-Merson, M., Exner, A., Jurkovitz, C., Klemm, P., Perry, J. (presenter) & Rempusheski, V. F. (2012, June). ACCESS Outreach sustainability model: National implications. Association of Oncology Social Work Annual Conference, Boston, MA
- Rempusheski, V. F. (2012, May). Community-based participatory research: Outreach to older adults in Delaware’s 8 cancer clusters. First Friday “Brown Bag” Research Seminar Series, Molloy College Division of Nursing, Rockville Centre, NY
- Rempusheski, V. F., Klemm, P., Teixeira, J. F., Perry, J. R., Thompson, N. & Jurkovitz, C. (2012, February). ACCESS Outreach sustainability model: National implications. [poster] American Psychosocial Oncology Society 9th Annual Conference, Miami, FL
- Rempusheski, V. F. (2012, January). The first PhD in nursing science in the First State. [poster] American Association of Colleges of Nursing 2012 Doctoral Education Conference, Naples, FL
Honors and Awards, 2008-2013
- 2013 Nominee, Excellence in Undergraduate Academic Advising and Mentoring, University of Delaware.
- 2013 Eastern Nursing Research Society (ENRS) Sustained Influential Leader, 25th Annual ENRS Scientific Sessions
- 2012 Nominee, Excellence in Teaching, University of Delaware
- 2009 Nominee, Excellence in Teaching, University of Delaware
- 2008 Nominee, Excellence in Undergraduate Academic Advising Award, University of Delaware
- 2008 Distinguished Alumni Award, Gerontology Institute, Georgia State University