Veronica P.S. Njie-Carr, PhD, ACNS-BC
School of Nursing
335 McDowell Hall
Post-doctoral Fellow. Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
Focus: Multidisciplinary Health Disparities Research
Ph.D. The Catholic University of America. Washington, D.C.
Focus: Nursing Science
M.S.N. The Catholic University of America. Washington, D.C.
Focus: Adult Health Nursing and Nursing Education
B.S.N. Howard University. Washington, D.C.
- NURS480 Clinical Integration Seminar II
- NURS473 Adult Health Nursing II
- NURS412 Issues and Challenges in Global Health
- NURS609 Nursing Science: Theory and Research
- Nursing Practice: Dr. Njie-Carr’s program of research is to reduce health disparities among people of African heritage at risk or living with HIV/AIDS. Specific areas of interest are:
- HIV/AIDS and health disparities
- Women’s health
- Cross-cultural research
- Nursing Education: Her research interest related to nursing education is evaluation of teaching effectiveness.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, New Connections Research and Coaching Clinic, National Harbor, MD. 9/2012
- Scholarship recipient, Zonta International. Washington, DC. 11/2006