Donald C. Lehman, Ed.D., MT(ASCP), SM(NRM)
Medical Laboratory Sciences
305H Willard Hall Educ. Bldg.
- Doctor of Education: Educational Leadership, University of Delaware, Newark, DE.
- Master of Science: Microbiology and Immunology, Wright State University, Dayton, OH.
- Bachelor of Science: Medical Technology, Wright State University, Dayton, OH.
- Medical Technologist. American Society for Clinical Pathology
- Specialist Certification Public Health and Medical Laboratory Microbiology. National Registry of Microbiology
- 2008 to Present. Associate Professor, Department of Medical Technology, University of Delaware.
- 1991 – 2007. Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Technology, University of Delaware.
- 1990 – 1991. Laboratory Coordinator, Department of Medical Technology, University of Delaware
- 1983 – 1990. Lecturer/Research Assistant, Department of Microbiology and Immunology,
Wright State University, Dayton, OH
- 1987 – 1990. Adjunct Faculty, Department of Biology, Wright State University, Dayton, OH
- 1979 – 1983 Medical Technologist, Community Hospital, Springfield, OH
- American Society for Microbiology
- National Registry of Microbiologists
- American Society for Clinical Pathology
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
Current Courses Taught
- MEDT 200 Language of Medicine
- MEDT 220 Forensic Science
- MEDT 270 Medical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases
- MEDT 380 Clinical Immunology & Medical Virology Lecture and Laboratory
- MEDT 406 Medical Microbiology Lecture and Laboratory
- Mahon C. R., Lehman, D. C., Manuselis, G., eds. Textbook of diagnostic microbiology, 5th ed. Maryland Heights, MO: Saunders Elsevier, 2015.
- Lehman D, Jeffers D: Virtual crime scenes in a forensic science course. Teaching with Technology 2. Clark GC, Clouser SA eds. August 2012. Learning Technology Consortium.
- Welsh A, Lehman DC. Examining the causal link between antimicrobial therapy hospital acquired infections. Adv for Med Lab Prof Website. April 30, 2012. Available at: http://laboratorian.advanceweb.com/Features/Articles/Vancomycin-Resistant-Enterococcus.aspx.
- Muhuri D, Lehman DC. Yersinia Pestis: New trends in the diagnosis of an old pathogen. Adv for Med Lab Prof Website. April 16, 2012. Available at: http://laboratorian.advanceweb.com/Features/Articles/Yersinia-Pestis.aspx.
- Frerichs N, Lehman DC. Group B Strep and neonatal infections: Can new standards reduce the incidence of this important pathogen? Adv for Administrators of the Lab Website. April 2, 2012. Available at: http://laboratory-manager.advanceweb.com/Features/Articles/Group-B-Strep-and-Neonatal-Infections.aspx.
- Pusecker KL, Torres, MR, Crawford I, Levia D, Lehman DC, Copic G. A comparison of assessing general education goals with freshmen and senior students by implementing the Abbreviated Educational Proficiency Profile compared to the adapted American Association of College and Universities Valid Assessment of Learning in Undergraduate Education (VALUE) rubrics. Peer Review, 2012;13/14:27-30.
- Lehman DC. Focus: Forensic science: Introduction to forensic science. Clin Lab Sci. 2012;25:107-108.
- McDonald J, Lehman DC. Focus: Forensic science: Forensic DNA analysis. Clin Lab Sci. 2012;25:109-113.
- Lehman DC. Focus: Forensic science: Forensic microbiology. Clin Lab Sci. 2012;25:114-119.
Mahon CR, Lehman DC. Manuselis G, eds. Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology. 4th ed. Maryland Heights (MO): Saunders Elsevier; 2011.
Ciulla AP, Lehman DC, eds. Success! In Clinical Laboratory Science. 4th ed. Boston: Pearson; 2010.
Boyer-Andersen R, Lehman DC. 2007. The black death: plague has potential for use as a bioterrorism agent. Adv for Med Lab Prof 2007;19:18-21.
Snow S, Lehman DC. Vancomycin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: implement control measures and precautions to prevent the transmission of VRSA. Adv for Med Lab Prof. 2007;19:10-13.
Lehman DC. Sexually transmitted diseases. A self-study course offered through the Colorado Association for Continuing Medical Laboratory Education. 2006.
Gomes A, Lehman DC. Problems with pampering. Adv for Med Lab Prof. 2006;18:12-15.
Ambrosio P, Lehman DC. 2006. Nosocomial infections: the clinical microbiology lab plays a vital role in diagnosing and monitoring hospital acquired infections. Adv for Med Lab Prof Website. Updated April 26, 2006. Accessed Sept. 30, 2010.
Laatsch L, Britton L, Keeting S, Kirchner P, Lehman D, et al. Cooperative learning effects on teamwork attitudes in clinical laboratory science students. Clin Lab Sci. 2005;18:150-159.
Osgood S, Lehman DC. Detection of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus: rapid isolation translates into less healthcare-related costs. Adv for Med Lab Prof. 2005;17:18-9.
Young D, Lehman DC. Strain stress colony variants of S. aureus offer new challenges to microbiologists. Adv for Med Lab Prof. 2004;16:26-7.
Lehman DC. BISC300: Introduction to Microbiology [CD-ROM]. Dubuque (IA): Kendall/Hunt Publishing; 2003.
Lehman DC. Rapid diagnostic testing in microbiology. Med Lab Obs. 2003;35(5):32-34, 36.
Smith C, Lehman DC. 2003. Therapeutic uses for the neurotoxin of Clostridium botulinum. Adv for Med Lab Prof. 2003;15:21-2.