Kathleen A. Riley-Lawless
School of Nursing
333 McDowell Hall
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
- Post-Master’s Certificate, University of Pennsylvania, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- M.S.N., University of Pennsylvania, Nursing of Children
- B.S.N., LaSalle University
- Diploma, Helene Fuld School of Nursing
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Pre-operative care of children and families
- Medication reconciliation
- Riley-Lawless, K. (2012). The demographics of school-age children and adolescents.
In J.Selekman (Ed.), School nursing: A comprehensive text, 2nd edition. Philadelphia:
- Richardson, V. & Riley-Lawless, K. (2010). Infancy. In V. Bowden & C. Greenberg Eds.), Children and their families: The continuum of care. (pp. 128-167). Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Riley-Lawless, K. (2010). Theoretical basis for promoting family health. In J. Allendale,
K. Warner, & C. Rector (Eds.), Community health nursing, 7th edition. (pp. 476-493).
Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
Riley-Lawless, K. & Richardson, V. (2010). Early Childhood. In V. Bowden & C.
Greenberg (Eds.), Children and their families: The continuum of care. (pp. 168-196).
Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams Wilkins.
- Riley-Lawless, K. (2009). Family identified barriers to medication reconciliation. Journal
for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing, 14(2), 94-101.
- Riley-Lawless, K. (2011, March). Family Ability to Provide Medication Information. 32nd Annual National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners Conference. Baltimore, MD. Award Recipient: Emerging Knowledge for Clinical Practice.
- Riley-Lawless, K. (2010, December). Providing Medication Information Across Pediatric Health Care Settings (Poster). DHSA Women’s and Children’s Health Research Conference. Newark, DE. Award Recipient: Merit.
- Riley-Lawless,K. (2010, October). Preparing Children & Families for Surgery: A Guide for
Nurse Practitioners. 2010 American College of Nurse Practitioners National Clinical Conference, Tampa, FL
- Riley-Lawless, K. (2010, September). Medication Reconciliation: An Integrative Review
2010 State of Science Congress on Nursing Research, Washington, DC
- Riley-Lawless, K. (2010, April). Preoperative Preparation of Children and Families:
Show Me the Evidence. 31st Annual National Association of Pediatric Nurse
Practitioners Conference, Chicago, IL
- Riley-Lawless, K. (2010, March). Providing Medication Information Across Pediatric
Health Care Settings (poster). Society of Pediatric Nurses 20th Annual Convention
Lake Buena Vista, FL
- Riley-Lawless, K. (2009, November). Pursuing An Evidence-Based Practice for Children With Special Health Care Needs Requiring Surgery. STTI 40th Biennial Convention, Indianapolis, IN Riley-Lawless, K. (2009, April). Summary of Delaware IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence-sponsored research Family Identified Barriers to Medication Reconciliation featured in National Center for Research Resources poster at Capital Hill Poster Session of NIH Institutes and Centers, Washington, DC
- Riley-Lawless, K. (2008, June). The Mysteries of MRSA. 24th Annual Pediatric Nursing
Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- Riley-Lawless, K. (2008, April). When A Child With A Chronic Condition Needs Surgery.
29th Annual National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners Conference, Nashville, TN
- Riley-Lawless, K. & Healy, J. (2008, April). Promoting the Family Role in Medication
Reconciliation: A Telephone Intervention (poster). Society of Pediatric Nursing, 18th Annual
Conference, Denver, CO
Recent Scholarships & Awards
- 2009 Preparing Children for Surgery: Current Practice. Funded by Beta Xi Chapter of Sigma
Theta Tau International Research Award.
2009 Providing Medication Information Across Pediatric Health Care Settings. Funded by Society of Pediatric Nurses Research Award.
2007 National Children’s Study (NCS) Hall-Long (PI), Riley-Lawless (Co-PI). Funded by NIH-NICHD-NCS-07-11E (initial budget period ) 10/01/07-9/30/12.
- 5/1/06-4/30/08 IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) – fellowship NIH-NCRR (P20RR016472-08).
- 2004 “Ask A Nurse” Program, Early Learning Center, University of Delaware. Funded with a
Delaware Department of Education Minigrant.