Arun Kumar PhD
Medical Laboratory Sciences
305 Willard Education Hall Building
- PhD- University of Delhi, Delhi India 2003
- Post-Doctoral- New Mexico State University, NM USA 2003-2004
- tissue engineering and biomedical devices
- 2010- Sep 2011 Director Nanomedicine Division, Center for Diagnostic Nanosystem, Marshall University, WV 25755
- 2005-2010 Instructor, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Allergy and Immunology,
College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa FL 33612
- 2004-2005 Research Assistant Professor, Nanomaterial and Nanomanufacturing Research Center, College of Engineering, University of South Florida, Tampa FL 33620
- My research interests are nanomedicine, nanotoxicity, tissue engineering and biomedical devices. Nanomedicine will have extraordinary and far-reaching implications for the medical profession, for the definition of disease, for the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions including aging, and ultimately for the improvement and extension of natural human biological structure and function. Currently I am investigating nanoencapsulated natural compounds to treat cardiac disorders and a novel way to deliver nanoparticles coupled with drugs to the deep lung utilizing a biocompatible cell-based system and deliver therapy through the peripheral vasculature instead of a pulmonary route. Further, I am expanding this approach to develop cell-based therapeutic applications to diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, brain trauma, cardiomyopathies, cancer, gene therapy and chronic lung disease.
- Initial Observations of Cell-Mediated Drug Delivery to the Deep Lung Arun Kumar, Mark Glam, Nagwa El-Badri, S. Mohapatra, Edward Haller, S Park, Leslie Patrick, Leigh Nattkemper, Dawn Vo, and Don F. Cameron Cell Transplantation, Vol. 20, pp. 609–618, 2011
- Multifunctional Magnetic Nanoparticles for Targeted Delivery of Drug Arun Kumar, P. K.
Jena, S. Behera, Richard F. Lockey and S. Mohapatra Nanomedicine vol.6 Issue 1
pages 64-69 Feb 2010.
- Magneto impedance biosensor for Fe3O4 nanoparticles intracellular uptake evaluation, Arun Kumar, V. Fal-Miyar, J. A. García and A. Cerdeira, S.Mohapatra, H. Srikanth, G. V.Kurlyandskaya, Applied PhysicsLetters 91, 143902 2007
- Analysis of Mesocavity DNA Biochip for Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Diagnosis, Zekri, Souheil, Arun Kumar, S. R.Singh, A. Kumar, Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, Volume 3, Number 2, June (2007) pp. 139-147(9).
- Ultra sensitive detection of cortisol with enzyme fragment complementation technology using functionalized nanowire Arun. Kumar, Milorad Gordic, Shekhar Bhansali and S. Mohapatra communicated to Biosensor & Bioelectronics (Elsevier UK) Volume 22, Issues 9-10, 15 April (2007), Pages 2138-2144.
- Development of Hyaluronic acid-Fe2O3 hybrid magnetic nanoparticles for targeted delivery of peptide, Arun Kumar, B. Sahoo, Alison Jones, Sumita Behera and S. Mohapatra, Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine,3 (2007) 132-137.