Amy Nagorski Johnson, PhD, RNC
School of Nursing
323 McDowell Hall
Current Research Interest
- Improving neonatal outcomes with interventions.
- Changing the NICU environment.
- Emotional expressiveness of toddlers.
- Ph.D., The Catholic University of America, Washington D.C., Research Focus: Neonatal Response to Environment
- M.S.N., University of Delaware, Maternal-Child Nursing
- B.S.N., Madonna University, Livonia Michigan, Nursing
- Excellence in Neonatal Nursing Clinical Practice Award, 2006, The National Academy of Neonatal Nursing
- The University of Delaware Excellence in Teaching Award, 2005.
- The National Excellence in Education Award of the Society of Pediatric Nurses, 2003.
- Leadership Fellow, supported by the School of Nursing and College of Health Sciences with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), Leadership for Academic Nursing Program.
- Leadership Mentor, Sigma Theta Tau Leadership Academy: Nurses Investing in Maternal-Child Health. Sponsored by Johnson & Johnson Pediatric Institute and Sigma Theta Tau International.
- Salzburg Fellow, University of Delaware Seminar session 424, “Early Childhood Development: Improving Linkages between Research, Practice and Policy.