Susan J. Hall
345 McDowell Hall
- Ph.D., Washington State University, 1983
- M.S., Texas Woman's University, 1978
- B.S., Duke University, 1974
- 2010-present, Deputy Dean, College of Health Sciences
- 1999-2009, Professor and Chair, University of Delaware
- 1997-1999, Professor and Chair, University of Texas at El Paso
- 1995-1997, Assistant Chair, California State University, Northridge
- 1991, Acting Director, University Office of Research and Sponsored Projects, California State University, Northridge
- 1988-1997, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, California State University, Northridge
- 1984-1988, Assistant Professor, Oregon State University
- KAAP601, Research Methods
- Hall, S. J. (2010). Biomechanics. In Exploring Exercise Science. G. Wilson, (Ed.) New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
- Hall, S. J. (2010). Biomechanics. In Concepts and Principles of Physical Education: What Every Student Needs to Know. B Mohnsen, (Ed.) Reston, VA: NASPE.
- Anderson, M. K., Parr, G. P., and Hall, S. J. Foundations of Athletic Training. (2009). Baltimore: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Hall, S.J. (2007). Sport Biomechanics. In the 2007 Yearbook of Science and Technology. Dubuque: McGraw-Hill.
- Marwaha, R. Hall, S.J., Knight, C.A., and Jaric, S. (2006). Load and Grip Force Coordination in Static Bimanual Manipulation Tasks in Multiple Sclerosis. Motor Control, 10 (2), 160-177.
- Hall, S. J. Basic Biomechanics, (5th ed.), (Chinese, Korean, and Portuguese editions also published) (2006). Dubuque: McGraw-Hill.
- Hall, S. J. (Ed.) ACSM Fellows Offer Advice to Students. (2005). Indianapolis: American College of Sports Medicine.
Honors, Awards, and Major Professional Offices Held
- Conference Program Chair, AAHPERD Research Consortium (2011)
- President, AAHPERD Research Consortium (2010)
- NASPE Biomechanics Academy Keynote Lecturer (2010). Presented at the Annual Convention of the American Alliance of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance; Indianapolis, IN.
- Ruth B. Glassow Award (2009). Presented by the Biomechanics Academy of the National Association for Sport and Physical Education.
- Vice President, American College of Sports Medicine (2002-2004)
- Member, Editorial Board, The American Journal of Medicine & Sports (2004)
- 37th Amy Morris Homans Lecturer: Resources and Resourcefulness. 2003 Annual Conference of NAPEHE, Long Beach, CA.
- Eastern District AAHPERD Research Keynote Address: Preventing Low Back Pain. 2003 Annual Convention of EDA/AAHPERD, Philadelphia, PA.
- Member, Quest Editorial Board (2001-2007)
- Secretary, AAHPERD Research Consortium (2000-2002)
- Member, American College of Sports Medicine Board of Trustees (1997-2000)
- Meritorious Performance Award (1996). Presented by California State University, Northridge.
- Member, International Society of Biomechanics in Sport Board of Directors (1993-1995)
- Distinguished Service Award, presented by the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (1993)
- Chair, NASPE Biomechanics Academy (1992-1993)