Barbara Habermann PhD, RN, FAAN
Nannie Longfellow Professor of Nursing Science
Caregiving in Parkinson’s disease, Dyadic decision making in advanced neurologic illnesses, End of life preferences in advanced neurologic illnesses
- Postdoctoral scholar, University of Washington
- PhD, University of California, San Francisco
- MN, University of Washington
- BSN, University of San Francisco
- NINR R01NR013522-01A1. The Emergence and Evolution of Social Self-Management of Parkinson’s Disease (PI: Tinkle-Dengen, Tufts University), 2013-2018. Role: Consultant.
- NINR R010388-0182. Telephone Assessment and Skill Building for Stroke Caregivers (PI: Bakas, Indiana University), 2010-2015. $1.925M. Role: Co-Investigator (2010-2014), Consultant (2014-2015).
- NINR F31, Social Patterns and Pathways of HIV Care Among HIV Positive Transgender Women (Hines), 2012-2015. Role: Primary Sponsor.
- Habermann, B., Hines, D., & Davis, L., (2013) Caring for a parent with Neurodegenerative disease: A qualitative description. Clinical Nurse Specialist, 27(4) 182-187.
- Miller, W., Bakas, T., Buelow, J., & Habermann, B. (in press, 2013). Research involving participants with chronic diseases: Overcoming Recruitment Obstacles. Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- Von Ah, D., Habermann, B., Carpenter, J.S., & Schneider, B. (2013). Impact of perceived cognitive function in breast cancer survivors. European Journal of Oncology Nursing, 17, (2) 236-241, doi 10.1016/j.ejon.2012.06.002.
- Chen, H. & Habermann, B. (2013). Ready or Not: Planning for Health Declines in Advanced Multiple Sclerosis. Journal of Neuroscience Nursing 45(1), 38-43.
- Shieh, C., Belcher, A., & Habermann, B. (2013). Qualitative content analysis: Nursing students’ experiences caring for patients with low literacy. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice 3(2), 75-85.
- McLennon, S., Bakas, T., Habermann, B., & Meuser, T. (in press, 2012) Validity and reliability of the Marwit-Meuser Caregiver Grief Inventory (Short Form) in African American Caregivers. Death Studies.
- +Daggett, V., Bakas, T., Buelow, J., Habermann, B., & Murray, L.L. (in press, 2012). Needs and concerns of combat veterans with Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: Development of a conceptual model. JRRD.
- McLennon, S. & Habermann, B. (2012). "Accruing the Sample: Strategies to Recruit Older Adult and African American Caregivers for Persons with Dementia from the Community". Applied Nursing Research, 25 (1) e1-e6.
Selected Presentations (2012-2013)
- Habermann, B., Hanging by a shoestring: Respecting spouses desire to remain at home in advanced Parkinson’s disease. International Family Nurses Association, Minneapolis, MN, June 2013.
- Habermann, B., Hanging by a shoestring: Respecting spouses desire to remain at home in advanced Parkinson’s disease (Poster). World Parkinson’s Congress, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, October 2013.
- Hines, D.D., Habermann, B., & Wright, E. How to Reach the Hidden: Strategies for Recruiting HIV-Positive Transgender Women. (Paper within a accepted symposia). Midwest Nursing Research Society, Chicago, IL, March 2013.
- Habermann, B., Jessup, R., Bakas, T., & Morrison, G.C. Assessing Treatment Satisfaction in Intervention Research: Qualitative findings from stroke caregivers. Midwest Nursing Research Society, Chicago, IL, March 2013.
- Fellow, American Academy of Nursing, 2012
- Honor a Researcher, Midwest Nursing Research Society, 2013