Elizabeth M. Orsega-Smith
Behavioral Health & Nutrition
009 Carpenter Sports Bldg.
- Aging and health
- Physical activity promotion
- Psychosocial determinants of physical activity
- Park use and health
- Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University, 2000
- M.S., East Stroudsburg University, 1989
- B.S. The Pennsylvania State University, 1988
- 2007-present, Associate Professor, University of Delaware
- 2001-2007, Assistant Professor, University of Delaware
- 2000-2001, Post-doctoral Scholar, The Pennsylvania State University
- 1996-2000, Research Assistant, The Pennsylvania State University
- 1989-1995, Director of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, NorthCrest Medical Center, Springfield, TN
- BHAN 335, Health and Aging
- BHAN 332, Health Behavior Theory and Assessment
- HLPR 430/630, Behavior Change Strategies and Tactics
- HLPR 813, Health Psychology and Behavioral Medicine
- HLPR 809, Health Behavior Theory
- Orsega-Smith, E., Getchell, N., & Palkovitz, L. (2012). Does gender influence physical activity and psychosocial factors in older adult exercisers? A pilot study. Women in Sports and Physical Activity Journal, 21, 61-70.
- Orsega-Smith,E., Davis, J., Slavish,K., & Gimbutas, L.(2012). Wii Fit Balance Intervention in Community-Dwelling Older Adults. Games for Health Journal, Vol. 1, No. 6: 431-435.
- Payne , L. Orsega-Smith, E. ( 2010). Relations between leisure and wellness. In L. Payne, B. Ainsworth, & G. Godbey ( Eds.) Leisure, Health, & Wellness: Making the Connections. ( pp. 21-30). State College, Pennsylvania: Venture Publishing.
- Mowen, A., Payne, L., Orsega-Smith, E., & Godbey, G. (2009). Assessing the health partnerships practices of park and recreation agencies: Findings and implications from a national survey. Journal of Park and Recreation Administration, 27 (3), 116-131.
- Orsega-Smith, E. & Getchell.N. (2009). The older exerciser: Comparing physical function between team and individual sport participants. Journal of Health, Social, and Environmental Issues, 10 (1), 41-50.
- Orsega-Smith, E ., Getchell, N., Neeld, K., MacKenzie, S. (2008). Teaming up for senior fitness: A group-based approach. JOPERD, 79 (1), 39-44.
- Payne, L., Mowen, A., Godbey, G., & Orsega-Smith, E. (2008). Working towards a common goal. Park and Recreation, September, 103-109.
- Orsega-Smith, E., Payne, L., Mowen, A., Ho, C., & Godbey, G. (2007). The role of social support and self-efficacy in shaping leisure time physical activity in older adults. Journal of Leisure Research, 39 (4) 705-727.
- Mowen, A., Orsega-Smith, E., Payne, L., Ainsworth, B., & Godbey, G.( 2007). The role of park proximity and social support in shaping park visitation, daily physical activity, and perceived health. Journal of Physical Activity and Health, 21(2), 167-179.
- Bibik, J., Orsega-Smith, E., & Goodwin S. (2007). High school students’ attitudes towards physical education in Delaware. The Physical Educator, 64 (4), 192-204
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Society of Behavioral Medicine