Behavioral Health & Nutrition
023 Carpenter Sports Bldg.
- Health Literacy and Health Promotion
- Physical Activity in Youth
- Psychosocial and Environmental Determinants of Physical Activity
- Cancer Screening and Cancer Prevention
- Program Evaluation
- PhD, University of South Carolina, 2009
- MA, East Tennessee State University, 2000
- BS, Lander University, 1998
- 2011 - present, Assistant Professor, Behavioral Health and Nutrition Department, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- 2010 - 2011, Postdoctoral Fellow, Cancer Prevention and Control, The Miriam Hospital and Brown University, Providence, RI
- 2005 - 2010, Research and Teaching Assistant, Department of Health Promotion, Education, and Behavior, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
- 2003-2005, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Department, Hunterdon Medical Center, Flemington, NJ
- 2000-2003 – Instructor, Physical Education and Exercise Studies, Lander University, Greenwood, SC
- BHAN 435: Physical Activity Behavior
- BHAN 490: Development of Health Promotion Programs
- BHAN 803: Advanced Health Promotion Programming and Evaluation
- HLPR 603: Survey Research Methods
- Dominick GM, Dunsiger SI, Pekmezi DW, Marcus BH. Health literacy predicts self-efficacy for physical activity among sedentary Latinas. J Immigr Minor Health, 13, 533-539, 2013.
- Carr LJ, Dunsiger SI, Lewis B, Ciccolo JT, Hartman S, Bock B, Dominick GM, Marcus BH. Randomized Controlled Trial Testing an Internet Physical Activity Intervention for Sedentary Adults. Health Psychology, 32, 328-336, 2013.
- Dominick GM, Saunders RP, Kenison K. Developing scales to assess parental instrumental social support and influence on provision of social support for physical activity in children. Journal of Physical Activity and Health, 9, 706-717, 2012.
- Dominick GM, Friedman DB, Saunders RP, Hussey JR, Watkins KW. Factors associated with physical activity literacy among foster parents. American Journal of Health Behavior. 36, 179-192, 2012.
- Rakowski R, Rogers M, Dominick G, Clark M. Understanding reversals of association for mammography and pap testing for Hispanic and Non-Hispanic Black women, Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev, 21, 1450-1457, 2012.
- Thrasher J, Quah A, Dominick G, Awang R, Omar M, Borland R, Hosking W, Sirirassamee B, Boado M, Miller K. Mixing cognitive interviewing and behavioral coding methods to determine measurement equivalence across linguistic and cultural groups: An example from international tobacco survey research. Field Methods, 23,439-460, 2011.
- American Evaluation Association
- American Public Health Association
- Society of Behavioral Medicine