Behavioral Health & Nutrition
023 Carpenter Sports Bldg.
- Health Literacy and Health Promotion
- Physical Activity in Youth
- Psychosocial and Environmental Determinants of Physical Activity
- Cancer Screening and Cancer Prevention
- Program Evaluation
- PhD, University of South Carolina, 2009
- MA, East Tennessee State University, 2000
- BS, Lander University, 1998
- 2011 - present, Assistant Professor, Behavioral Health and Nutrition Department, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- 2010 - 2011, Postdoctoral Fellow, Cancer Prevention and Control, The Miriam Hospital and Brown University, Providence, RI
- 2005 - 2010, Research and Teaching Assistant, Department of Health Promotion, Education, and Behavior, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
- 2003-2005, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Department, Hunterdon Medical Center, Flemington, NJ
- 2000-2003 – Instructor, Physical Education and Exercise Studies, Lander University, Greenwood, SC
- BHAN 435 Physical Activity Behavior
- BHAN 490 Development of Health Promotion Programs
- Dominick, GM, Saunders, RP, and Kenison, K. Developing scales to assess parental instrumental social support and influence on provision of social support for physical activity in children. Journal of Physical Activity and Health (in press).
- Dominick, G.M., Friedman, D.B., Saunders, R.P., Hussey, J.R., Watkins, K.W. Factors associated with physical activity literacy among foster parents. American Journal of Health Behavior (in press).
- Thrasher, J, Quah, A, Dominick, G, Awang, R, Omar, M, Borland, R, Hosking, W, Sirirassamee, B, Boado, M, Miller, K. Mixing cognitive interviewing and behavioral coding methods to determine measurement equivalence across linguistic and cultural groups: An example from international tobacco survey research. Field Methods (in press).
- Dominick, GM, Friedman, DB, Hoffman-Goetz, L. Do we need to understand the technology to get to the science? A systematic review of computer literacy skills required by consumers in search of preventive health information. Health Education Journal. (2009) 68(4), 296-313.
- Chase, NL, Dominick, GM, Trepal, A, Bailey, LS, Freidman, DB. “This is Public Health: Recycling Counts!” Description of a Pilot Health Communications Campaign. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, (2009) 6(12), 2980-2991.
- Friedman, DB, Corwin, SJ, Dominick, GM, & Rose, ID. African American men's understanding and perceptions about prostate cancer: Why multiple dimensions of health literacy are important in cancer communication. Journal of Community Health. (2009). 34(5), 449-460.
- Friedman, DB, Corwin, SJ, Rose, ID, Dominick, GM. Prostate cancer communication strategies recommended by older African American men in South Carolina: A qualitative analysis. Journal of Cancer Education (2009). 24(3), 204-209.
American Public Health Association
Society of Behavioral Medicine
American College of Sports Medicine, Northeast Chapter