Cathy L. Ciolek
Co-Director of Clinical Education
Senior Physical Therapist Neurologic & Older Adult Clinic
Secondary Appt. Assistant Professor
Physical Therapy Department
053 McKinly Lab/320 McKinly Lab
- 2005-Aug 2007 Arizona School of Health Science Mesa Az – Doctor of Physical Therapy
- 1990–1993 University of Delaware – Department of Continuing Education: Advanced Certificate in Gerontology
- 1985-1989 Ithaca College – Bachelors of Science in Physical Therapy: Faculty Award for Outstanding Service to the Department
- 1980 Boston University -- B.S. Degree Human Movement Studies
- 1976 United States Naval Academy – Midshipman Honorable discharge
Special Certifications and Awards
- Received Board Certification in Physical Therapy as a Geriatric Clinical Specialist from the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists in 1996. Re-Certification approved through 2016.
- Certified Emergency First Responder since 2006.
- Certified CPR for professional rescuer since 2004.
- Credentialed Clinical Instructor by APTA, November 2003, Advanced Clinical Instructor (Level 2) Credential by APTA October 2009.
- Joan Mills Award, Section on Geriatrics/APTA.
- February 2008, highest honor of the Section on Geriatrics, presented for outstanding contributions to the field of geriatric physical therapy and Section on Geriatrics leadership.
- President’s Award, Section on Geriatrics/APTA.
- February 2006, presented for service to the Section on Geriatrics.
- Clinical Educators Award, Section on Geriatrics/APTA. Awarded February 2006 for outstanding clinical education to students in physical therapy.
- Lynn Phillippi Award: Advocacy for Older Adults, Section on Geriatrics/APTA. February 2001 in recognition of advocacy for older adults through publications, teaching and practice.