Kevin B. Churchwell
Nemours/ A.I. DuPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington
1600 Rockland Road
Wilmington, DE 19806
- Inhaled Nitric Oxide for the Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension in Pulmonary Patients.
IRB No. 8222 (Principle Investigator) Not funded
- Antithrombin III Treatment in the Management of Meningococcal Purpura Fulminans.
IRB No. 8108 (Principle Investigator) Funded
- Early use of Intravenous Terbutaline in Pediatric Status Asthmaticus.
IRB No. 8012 (Principle Investigator) Funded
- Development of a School-based Health Outreach Program in Collaboration with Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital and Nashville Metropolitan Public Schools.
- Evaluation of an Online Arterial Blood Gas System in Pediatric Patients.
IRB No. 7956 (Co- Investigator) Funded
A Multicenter Randomized Controlled Study of the Safety and Efficacy of Partial Liquid Ventilation with AF0141 (Sterile Perflubron) in Children with Acute Parenchymal Lung Injury.
- Assessment of Safety Profile of Antibiotic-Impregnated Catheters in Pediatric Patients. Funded (Cook Catheter)
- Prophylactic Use of Milrinone in Pediatric Patients Status Post Congenital Heart Disease Surgery. (Co-investigator)
- Use of Fenololdopam in Pediatric Patients with Hypertension. (Principal Investigator)
- Protocol F1K-MC-EVBP: Investigation of the Efficacy and Safety of Drotrecogin Alfa (Activated) in Pediatric Severe Sepsis. (Principal Investigator) Lilly
Catch Grant, American Academy of Pediatrics; 2004
- Nitroprusside in Children, NIH contract Co-investigator; 2004 - 2005
- Recertified in Pediatric Critical Care from the American Board of Pediatrics, 2004
- Recertified in Pediatrics, 1998, 2005
- Board Certified in Pediatric Critical Care from the American Board of Pediatrics, 1996
- Permanent License for the State of Tennessee, 1995
- Board Certified From the American Board of Pediatrics, 1991
- Permanent License for the State of Massachusetts, 1990-1995
- Diplomat, National Board Medical Examiners, 1987
Honors & Awards
- Trumpet Award Field of Medicine, 2011
- Legacy Award Tennessee Emergency Medical Services for Children Foundation, 2010
- Nashville Public Schools Hall of Fame, 2009
- NAACP 4th Annual Image Award/Matthew Walker Healthcare Award, 2008
- American Diabetes Association Father of the Year, 2008
- Nashville Business Journal, Health Care Hero’s Community Leaders, 2008
- Top 25 Minority Executives in Healthcare, 2008
- Best Doctors in America, 2006-2008
- America’s Top Pediatricians, 2006-2008
- Best Doctors in America, 2005-2006
- Catch Grant Recipient, American Academy of Pediatrics, 2005-2006
- Best Doctors in America, 2004-2005
- Catch Grant Recipient, American Academy of Pediatrics, 2004-2005
- Award in Education Excellence, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2003
- 1st place Harvard Medical School: Anesthesia Resident Research Competition, 1993
- Black Student Union Tutor of the Year. M.I.T, 1983
- National Merit Finalist, 1979