Janice M. Bibik
Behavioral Health & Nutrition
014 Carpenter Sports Bldg.
- Teacher perceptions of students' competence
- Students' perceptions of their competence
- Teacher cognitions
- Dance choreography
- Ph.D., Syracuse University, 1990
- M.S., Indiana University, 1977
- B.S., Ithaca College, 1976
- 1998-present, Associate Professor, University of Delaware
- 1989-1998, Assistant Professor, University of Delaware
- 1984-1989, Graduate Teaching Assistant, Syracuse University
- 1982-1984, Administrator, School of the Hartford Ballet
- 1977-1980, Visiting Instructor, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
- HESC 143, Skills & Techniques of Teaching: Stunts, Tumbling & Gymnastics
- HESC 251, Skills & Techniques of Teaching: Rhythms & Dance
- HESC 370, Methods & Materials of Teaching Elementary Physical Education
- EDDU 400, Supervision of Student Teaching
- Edwards, K.F. & Bibik, J. M. (2000). Z’s Gift: Teaching HIV/AIDS empathy through storytelling and movement. Teaching Elementary Physical Education, 11, 24-27.
- Bibik, J.M. (1999). Factors influencing college students’ self-perceptions of competence in beginning physical education activity classes. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 18, 255-276.
- Bibik, J.M. & Edwards, K. F. (1998). How are you feeling today? Teaching for emotional literacy. Journal of Health Education, 29, 371-372.
- "A Time To…”, & “Ballet Divas”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May, 2004
- “Sketches of the Day”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May, 2003
- “Variations”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May, 2002
- “Growing Up”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May 2001
- “Feelings…Woe, Woe, Woe, Feelings”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May, 2000
- “Sleeping Beauty Variations” & “Tribute”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May 1999.
Honors, Awards, and Major Professional Offices Held
- Member, Policy Board, Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (2003-2005)
- Outstanding Faculty Member Award, presented by Department of Health and Exercise Sciences (1997-1998).
- International Who’s Who in Sport Pedagogy Theory and Research (1994-1996).
- Vice President for Dance, Eastern District of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, (1994-1995).
- Who’s Who in American Education (1992-1995).
- President, Delaware Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, 1992-1993.