Janice M. Bibik
Behavioral Health & Nutrition
014 Carpenter Sports Bldg.
- Teacher Cognitions
- Students’ Perceptions of their Competence
- Teachers Perceptions of Students’ Competence
- Motivational Interventions to Increase Physical Activity and Social Interaction among Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Dance Choreography
- Ph.D., Syracuse University, 1990
- M.S., Indiana University, 1977
- B.S., Ithaca College, 1976
- 1998-present, Associate Professor, University of Delaware
- 1989-1998, Assistant Professor, University of Delaware
- 1984-1989, Graduate Teaching Assistant, Syracuse University
- 1982-1984, Administrator, School of the Hartford Ballet
- 1977-1980, Visiting Instructor, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
- BHAN 145 Introduction to Physical Education
- BHAN 251 Skills & Techniques: Rhythms & Dance
- BHAN 416 Methods & Materials: Physical Education
- BHAN 465 Seminar in Health and Physical Education
- DANC 101 Introduction to the Art of Dance
- DANC 207 Dance Improvisation
- DANC 208 Dance Composition I
- DANC 308 Dance Composition II
- EDUC 400 Elementary & Secondary Student Teaching
- Obrusnikova, I., Bibik, J.M., Cavalier, A. R., & Manley, K. (2012). Integrating therapy dog teams in a physical activity program for children with autism spectrum disorders. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, 83(6), 37-41,47-48.
- Bibik, J.M., Goodwin, S.C., & Orsega-Smith, E.M. (2007). High school students’ attitudes toward physical education in Delaware. The Physical Educator, 64(4), 192-204.
- Edwards, K.F. & Bibik, J. M. (2000). Z’s Gift: Teaching HIV/AIDS empathy through storytelling and movement. Teaching Elementary Physical Education, 11, 24-27.
- Bibik, J.M. (1999). Factors influencing college students’ self-perceptions of competence in beginning physical education activity classes. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 18, 255-276.
- Bibik, J.M. & Edwards, K. F. (1998). How are you feeling today? Teaching for emotional literacy. Journal of Health Education, 29, 371-372.
- “Solo” Dance Minor Faculty Concert, March, 2013
- “Tribute” Dance Minor Faculty Concert, March, 2012
- "A Time To…”, & “Ballet Divas”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May, 2004
- “Ballet Divas” Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May, 2004
- “Sketches of the Day”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May, 2003
- “Variations”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May, 2002
- “Growing Up”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May 2001
- “Feelings…Woe, Woe, Woe, Feelings”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May, 2000
- “Sleeping Beauty Variations” & “Tribute”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May 1999.
- University of Delaware Research Foundation – Iva Obrusnikova (PI) 5/2010-5/2012
Title: Effects of dog-assisted exercise on physical activity engagement of children with autism spectrum disorders.
Honors, Awards, and Major Professional Offices Held
- Member, National Association for Sport and Physical Education /National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NASPE/NCATE) Board of Program Reviewers (2011-present)
- Member, Policy Board, Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (2003-2005)
- Outstanding Faculty Member Award, presented by Department of Health and Exercise Sciences (1997-1998).
- International Who’s Who in Sport Pedagogy Theory and Research (1994-1996).
- Vice President for Dance, Eastern District of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, (1994-1995).
- Who’s Who in American Education (1992-1995).
- President, Delaware Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, 1992-1993.
- 1997-present: Phi Delta Kappa professional fraternity in Education
- 1989-present: Delaware Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- 1987-present: Pi Lambda Theta International Honor Society and Professional Association in Education
- 1987-2010: American Educational Research Association
SIG: Research on Learning and Instruction (Division K)
- 1977-present: American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Associations: Eastern District Association
National Dance Association
National Association for Sport and Physical Education