Karen M. Avino
School of Nursing
363 McDowell Hall
- EdD, University of Delaware
- MSN, University of Delaware
- BSN, University of Delaware
- Integrative Nurse Coach
- HeartMath Interventions Certified
- Advanced Holistic Nurse- Board Certified
- Holistic Stress Management Instructor
- Reiki Master
- Integrative Healing Arts Certificate
- Integrative Therapies
- Health Coaching
- Institutional Improvement Grant, Center for Instructional Effectiveness. Reflective Teaching, Learning and Assessment E-Portfolio, School of Nursing ($18,800).
- Delaware Health Science Alliance Educational Grant Proposal. (Co-Investigator) Development of a Post-Baccalaureate Level Health Coaching Certificate Program. ($20,000).
- Human Resource Committee of the Veteran’s Health Administration National Leadership Board. Avino, K. & Welde, C. (October, 2010). A comparison of face-to-face vs. Intranet Mandatory Training Outcomes. Funding date: October, 2010. Wilmington Veteran’s Administration Medical Center ($9,720).
- Sigma Theta Tau International /National League for Nursing Small Grant. Avino, K. (November, 2007). Integrating Holistic Nursing and Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) into Delaware Schools of Nursing. ($5,000).
- Sigma Theta Tau International Small Grant. Wade, G. & Avino, K. (June 2005). Factors Influencing Professional Nursing Practice and Job Enjoyment. ($5,000).
- 2012. Avino. K. Integrating Holistic Nursing into the Curriculum: The Process. (in press). Journal of Holistic Nursing.
- 2011. (Nov/Dec). Avino, K. Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices of Nursing Faculty and Students related to Complementary and Alternative Medicine: A Statewide Look. Holistic Nursing Practice, 25(6):280-288.
- 2008. Wade, G.H., Osgood, B., Avino, K., Bucher, G., Bucher, L., Foraker, T., French, D. & Sirkowski, C. Influence of organizational characteristics and caring attributes of nursing managers on nurses’ job enjoyment. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 64(4, 344-353.
- 2008. Avino, K. Holistic nursing receives ANA specialty status, Delaware Nurses Association Reporter, 32(4), 20-21.
- 2007. Avino, K. Nursing, technology and teaching: What’s on the horizon? Delaware Nurses Association Reporter, 32(2), 5.
- 2012, September. Self-Care and Impact on Practice. (Invited, taped. continuing education offering). Christiana Care Health System, Newark, DE
- 2012, March. Self-Care and Impact on Practice. (Invited Presentation). Nursing Education Council Conference, Christiana Care Health System, Newark, DE.
- 2010, October. The Nature of Stress Management. (Invited Keynote Speaker). Delaware Nurse’s Association Fall Conference, Managing Life’s Stressors, Dover, DE.
- 2010, June. Perceptions of Delaware Nursing Faculty and Students regarding Complementary and Alternative Medicine. (Poster Presentation). American Holistic Nurses Association, Colorado Spring, CO.
- 2010, May. Perceptions of Delaware Nursing Faculty and Students regarding Complementary and Alternative Medicine. (Poster Presentation). Delaware Health Sciences Alliance Research Conference, Christiana Care Health System, Newark, DE
- 2010, May. Experience Energy Therapy. (Invited Presentation). Newark Senior Center, Newark, DE.
- 2009, October. Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Obstetrics. (Invited Presentation). Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses, Bethany Beach, DE.
- 2009. April. Recreating Nursing Practice. (Invited Presentation). RN II Annual Conference. Christiana Care Health system, Newark, DE.
- 2009, June. Integrating Holistic Nursing in the Curriculum. (Invited Presentation). 4th Annual Educator Update. Delaware Technical and Community College, Dover, DE.
- 2008, June. Investigating Complementary and Alternative Medicine within Nursing’s Scope of Practice. (Poster Presentation). American Holistic Nurses Association, Bretton Woods, NH.
- 2008, April. Complementary and Alternative medicine. (Invited Presentation). School of Nursing, Delaware Technical and Community College, Stanton, DE.
- 2010 Award Winner. University Faculty Senate Excellence in Undergraduate Academic
Advising and Mentoring Award.
- 2008 Award Winner. Delaware Nurse Association /Delaware Organization of Nurse
Executives, Excellence in Nursing Practice- Nurse Educator
- 2009-American Holistic Nurses Association- Faculty/Student eNews Editor
Network Leader Committee, 2013 Conference Planning Committee
- 2008- American Holistic Nurses Association- Delaware Chapter- Leader/Founder