Summer Analytical Chemistry Program
at University of Delaware Chemistry & Biochemistry Department
Other Information to Provide.
Compile all of the following information and send it to me at the UD address given below as one complete packet.
- Ask three persons familiar with your academic and personal background to
write a confidential letter of recommendation. Show them a copy of
this announcement and ask them to address your qualities of raw intelligence,
independence, integrity, work ethic, ability to get along with others and
emotional maturity. Please ask them to include their phone numbers. Have them
seal it in an envelope and sign across the seal to be included in the packet
that you will mail.
- Ask your parent(s) or guardian to write a fourth letter expressing their strong support for your decision to participate, and their willingness to assist and support you in the commitment that this program requires.
- Send a copy of your high school transcript (doesn't need to be official).
- Send this completed form.
- Send a typed, double-spaced, one-page maximum personal statement,
written in your own words, describing why you want to participate in this
summer program, and what you hope to gain from it. It might help to state
your future goals and include how this experience would help you achieve them.
Due date. Applications are due
by April 15, but early applicants will stand a better chance of acceptance
since slots will be filled as applicants are received. Remember, your teachers
(letter writers) may be hard to contact after school is out for the summer.
If you intend to apply after the deadline, please call me first to see if slots
are still available (they may be!).
Mrs. Lisa Robinson
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
106 Brown Lab
Newark, DE 19716
302-831-3614 (leave message if no answer)
(Parent questions welcomed and encouraged.)
Howard Hughes Medical Institute Program