Center for Disabilities Studies: Events Calendar
- Effective Communication Strategies – October 2 CDS's ACCESS Project will be hosting a presentation on Effective Communication Strategies on October 2 from 5:30 to 8:30 pm at Dover Downs Conference Center in Dover. The event will highlight the Systematic Processes for Enhancing and Assessing Communication (SPEACS) initiative, a collaboration between CDS and University of Kentucky. For more information and to register visit the event's website.
- 9th Annual Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk Buddy Walk - October 11 Join Down syndrome self-advocates from Delaware and surrounding states to promote acceptance and inclusion within the Rehoboth Beach and Dewey Beach communities. More information about the event can be found on the Boardwalk Buddy Walk website.
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training – October 17 & 18 CDS will be hosting Delaware Citizen Corps’ Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training sessions on October 17 from 5:00 to 9:00 pm and on Saturday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Delaware Biotechnology Institute at 15 Innovation Way in Newark. The sessions will cover disaster preparedness and basic disaster response skills. Click here to register or contact Phyllis Guinivan for more information.
- 2014 Delaware Self-Advocacy Conference - October 18 Join self advocates around the state for the 2014 Delaware Self-Advocacy Conference at Smyrna Readiness Center on October 18. Topics will include "Self Advocacy 101", moving into the community, living in the community and more. For more information visit the conference's website.
- Walk With Me Delmarva 2014 – October 19 Join Easter Seals and bring your family and friends to an unforgettable afternoon enjoying the beautiful Baywood Greens. The event raises funds for local children and adults with special needs to receive service, care, and friendship that enhances independence. Event will be held at Baywood Greens, 32267 Clubhouse way, Long Neck, DE. Register on the Easter Seals website. Contact Linda Forte at 302-253-1121 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 11th Annual Disability Ball – November 7 Independent Resources, Inc. will hold its annual ball at the Chase Center on the Riverfront in Wilmington. The event brings together many individuals with disabilities to have a once-in-a-lifetime experience. More information is available on the Disability Ball website.
- AUCD 2014 Conference – November 9-12 “AUCD Unleashed: The Power of Engagement.” The 2014 AUCD Conference theme reflects our goal of achieving an elevated level of engagement with our respective and collective communities, networks, and well beyond in order to better inform, enhance, and enrich the work we all do to improve the lives of people with disabilities and their families. More information on this conference can be found on the AUCD website.