Center for Disabilities Studies: Events Calendar
- Lunchtime Learning: iCanConnect – August 7 Please join us at CDS from noon to 1 p.m. to learn how Delawareans with both hearing and vision loss may qualify for free communications technology and training available through the federal iCanConnect program. Click here for more information..
- Buddy Run and Pancake Breakfast – August 10 The Dewey Beach Buddy 5K Run/Walk and Pancake Breakfast will benefit the Boardwalk Buddy Walk and Best Buddies Delaware in an effort to support people with intellectual and development disabilities. Register at event website.
- Autism Delaware Annual Beach Picnic – August 17 Join Autism Delaware for a cookout and games. Registration will open June 1, and more information can be found on the event website.
- Brainstrong 5k – September 1 The 3rd annual event raises funds for grants to youth organizations that promote advocacy, prevention and education on the impact of concussions in youth sports. More information can be found here.
- Walk With Me Delmarva 2014 – October 19 Join Easter Seals and bring your family and friends to an unforgettable afternoon enjoying the beautiful Baywood Greens. The event raises funds for local children and adults with special needs to receive service, care, and friendship that enhances independence. Event will be held at Baywood Greens, 32267 Clubhouse way, Long Neck, DE. Register on the Easter Seals website. Contact Linda Forte at 302-253-1121 or email@example.com for more information.
- 11th Annual Disability Ball – November 7 Independent Resources, Inc. will hold its annual ball at the Chase Center on the Riverfront in Wilmington. The event brings together many individuals with disabilities to have a once-in-a-lifetime experience. More information is available on the Disability Ball website.
- AUCD 2014 Conference – November 9-12 “AUCD Unleashed: The Power of Engagement.” The 2014 AUCD Conference theme reflects our goal of achieving an elevated level of engagement with our respective and collective communities, networks, and well beyond in order to better inform, enhance, and enrich the work we all do to improve the lives of people with disabilities and their families. More information on this conference can be found on the AUCD website.