Center for Disabilities Studies: Events Calendar
- Division for the Visually Impaired Open House – October 29 Delaware’s Division for the Visually Impaired will host an open house at their New Castle campus on Oct. 29 from 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. For more information, visit the event's website.
- 2014 Delaware Community of Practice Transition and Self Determination Conference – October 31 The Delaware Community of Practice will hold their annual Transition and Self Determination Conference on Oct. 31 at the Dover Downs Conference Center in Dover. This conference is designed for youth ages 14-21 receiving special education services, their parents and families, and the educators and professionals who serve them. Click here to register.
- 11th Annual Disability Ball – November 7 Independent Resources, Inc. will hold its annual ball at the Chase Center on the Riverfront in Wilmington. The event brings together many individuals with disabilities to have a once-in-a-lifetime experience. More information is available on the Disability Ball website.
- Walk to Cure Diabetes – November 1JDRF will host a Walkto Cure Diabetes at Silver Lake Park in Dover from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. For more information, visit the JDRF website..
- “Speakeasy for Autism” Auction Gala – November 8Autism Delaware will hold a 1920s themed Auction Gala at World Café Live in Wilmington starting at 6 p.m. For more information, visit the event’s website..
- AUCD 2014 Conference – November 9-12 “AUCD Unleashed: The Power of Engagement.” The 2014 AUCD Conference theme reflects our goal of achieving an elevated level of engagement with our respective and collective communities, networks, and well beyond in order to better inform, enhance, and enrich the work we all do to improve the lives of people with disabilities and their families. More information on this conference can be found on the AUCD website.
- Caregiver Appreciation Night – November 20 Easter Seals of Delaware will host a caregiver appreciation night in New Castle starting at 6 p.m. For more information, visit the event’s website..
- 2015 LIFE Conference - January 15 Dover Downs Conference Center in Dover. The 2015 LIFE Conference is a joint effort of many Delaware consumer-focused organizations which addresses the topics of Legislation, Independence (through Assistive Technology), Family and Education. For more information and to register, visit the LIFE Conference website.
- 2015 Inclusion Conference - March 9 Delaware's 21st annual Inclusion Conference will be held at the Dover Downs Conference Center in Dover on March 9, 2015 and will provide attendees with inclusive education best practices. The conference is comprised of six workshop strands with nationally known speakers. The workshops address important areas relative to effective inclusion including: teaching strategies, positive behavior supports, assistive technology, access to the general education curriculum, English language learners and early childhood. More information to come.