What space can I reserve? | What approval do I need? | See Calendar | Get form
What space can I reserve?
The Outside Facilities Use Request Form is used for areas outside of residence halls, as well as other areas outside of campus building.
However, University fields are reserved through a Carpenter Sports Building form; Harrington Beach, the patios at Trabant University Center and Perkins Student Center, and Independence Field on Laird Campus are reserved through the University Student Centers reservation form (Note: select the appropriate form for UD departments or student organizations)
What approval do I need?
NOTES REGARDING GREEN USE:
- Some events may require special approval from Campus Police, Newark Police, the Safety Office, or the Associate Treasurer for Finance.
- Resident Student Organizations (RSO) must speak with the Student Centers Activities & Programs Office before the Green Reservation Form will be processed.
- If your event includes amplified and/or excessive sound, please consider buildings in the nearby area. Will classes be in session? Are there residence halls nearby? There is a maximum of 4 hours for events with amplified sound.
- Maximum of 6 hours for any event.
- No events will be permitted to begin before 9 am and all events must end by 8 pm, Sunday through Thursday, and by 10 pm Friday and Saturday.
- Note that there is no electricity and limited lighting on the Green. If your event requires electricity and/or additional lighting, there are likely to be added costs. Please submit a Request for Service to fund this non-routine work, and allow for the added processing time.
- If you intend to spike (tent, fence) or dig into the ground, you (or your contractor) are required by law to notify Miss Utility (800-257-7777) and submit a Request for Service, as described above. Allow for added time to process all related requests.
- Any landscape restoration costs resulting from the event will be charged to the sponsor group, including protective measures, restoration, and damage to underground irrigation systems. Events including use of tents may be charged as much as $5,000 for small events, such as Move-in weekend, or $20,000 for large events, such as Alumni Weekend, for any landscape restoration required. Final cost will be based on actual restoration costs.
Complete the Outside Facilities Request Form