Theatre N at Nemours
11th and Tatnall Streets,
5:00 - 7:00 PM
From documentation of the old Chrysler Plant in Newark, DE to the poetics of public transit in England, Urban Garden Cinema presents 6 short films about our relationship to place. The artists' videos, from the surreal to the real, explore how a place and the buildings, objects, and people that occupy that space, whether pixilated or analog, can cultivate a sense of who we are and provide insight into past, present, and future. (PLACE is the film component of PLACES, EVERYONE a group show by UD students at the Residences at Justison Landing).
The UrbaN selection committee also presents a special feature, Circles of Confusion is a meditative experimental documentary about loss in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. San Francisco-based filmmaker Phoebe Tooke's Circles of Confusion, received a Student Academy Award at the 34th Annual Student Academy Awards ceremony in 2008.
Full 30-minute program screens on the half hour at 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, and 6:30 PM/
- Time Stands Still by Amy Batog
- Untitled (England, June 20111) by Nancy Breslin
- Rodney's Horse by Shawn DiCriscio
- Digital Landscapes III: Tundra by Tyler Haupt
- The Chrysler Videos by Amy Hicks with a Live Reading by Auto worker Poet Phillip Bannowsky
- Circles of Confusion by Phoebe Tooke
For more information on Urban Garden Cinema and UrbaN: http://urbangardencinema.blogspot.com
One Night Only