- May is “Support Anthro Student Travel” month! The newly established Peter M. Weil Anthropology Student Travel Award helps fund Anthropology majors traveling across the U.S. and around the globe to undertake original research. This year’s Weil Award winners will travel to Puerto Rico and to Turkey to study petroglyphs and archaeological conservation. Help us to ‘grow’ the fund so we can help more undergraduate anthropology students pursue their passions and achieve their goals.
- Please visit our UD crowdsource site beginning 1 May and help us meet our goal of $5000. And help us spread the word to others who value learning by doing. To those who have already contributed to UD Anthropology this year, thank you again!
STUDENTS IN THE NEWS
- ALUMNI NEWS and ALUMNI SURVEY
- Michelle Church is a rising senior in Anthropology and has received a U.S. State Department Critical Language Training Scholarship to study Arabic. Read the UDaily article.
- May 5, 2012- Anthropology students successfully defend their Senior Theses: Jennifer Gallo Hanging out and Hooking up: Ambiguity in Interpersonal Relations in Contemporary Campus Culture; Amanda Goebel No Stubborn Stays Her Yielding Shape Embrace - American and British Women's Waistcoats, 1700-1790; Madeleine Wright Curbing the Mayhem in Rio de Janeiro's Sensations; The Phenomenon of Pacified Favelas; Cody Prang Locomotor Diversity and Midfoot Mobility in Gorillas.
- Elanor Sonderman wins the 2012 Mae Carter Scholarship from UD's Women's Affairs. She was nominated by Dr. Margaret Stetz.
- Anthropology/Psychology major, Taina Oquendo, spends her 2010 summer interning at the White House. Read more about her experience.
- Undergraduate Research Summer Scholars presented their research on August 11, 2010. See the Symposium Program. The following students conducted research in the Anthropology Department: Alex Holmes, Alina Wolf, Kristin Symes, Hannah Candido, and Andrew Marchetta.
FACULTY IN THE NEWS
|In Memoriam- Juan A Villamarin (1939-2008)
OLDER NEWS AND EVENTS
Last modified on
July 15, 2015
For webpage corrections, please email firstname.lastname@example.org