UDFS Report Team Meeting Minutes
In Attendance: Marsha Lockard
Summary of Tasks:
TASK: Julie will alert Ben to the addition of Institutional Research to complementary data and report surveys.
TASK: Marsha to give complete dates for Report Team subcategories to Lynda Ruggerio for addition to the project plan on UDFS web page:
TASK: Carol to initiate purchase of PS report sample books for each member of the reporting team.
TASK: Marsha to draft cover letter for survey to send to selected schools.
TASK: Team members to contact assigned schools.
TASK: Marsha to contact Dan Grim to schedule presentation of Dazzel / Metaweb.
- Update from executive Committee
- Complementary data is being gathered and will be summarized by Jeff Quirico. Report List from General Ledger Team is due to Executive team by 10/10/2000.
- It was suggested that Institutional Research be surveyed for complementary data and report requirements. Carol suggested that this be added to Ben Martin’s list of departments to survey. TASK: Julie will alert Ben to this addition.
- Executive team is working on setting up tables of data
- There was a meeting on 8/31 to determine if version 7.5 or 8.0 will be implemented.
- Van discussed Princeton contact
- They are ahead of us in implementation
- Dropped nvison, picked up Oracle DB (which was developed by someone from Princeton and the rights sold to Oracle)
- Group from computing center to visit Princeton
- Project Plan for Ad Hoc Reports/Tree environment
- It was suggested that complete dates be added to subcategories of the Project Plan for Ad Hoc reports. TASK: Marsha to give the following complete dates to Lynda Ruggerio for addition to the web page:
- 09/27/2000 Oracle WebDB Presentation
- 10/11/2000 PS Query / Crystal
- 12/06/2000 Report tool survey of schools using People Soft
- TASK: Carol to initiate purchase of PS report sample books for each member of the reporting team
- Van and Kat to meet with Pat on the Sept18th to discuss game plan for reporting.
- Survey Progress
- TASK: Marsha to draft cover letter to send to selected schools with survey. The purpose of this letter is to find out whom to contact with report tool survey.
- Next step: send survey with cover letter to contact and ask for an appointment to call and discuss.
- Next step: fill out survey form from the discussion and return to the contact for any additional comments.
- TASK: Team members to use Marsha’s letter and contact assigned schools. Assignments are as follows:
Van – Cornell and University of Colorado
Carol – Georgetown, Syracuse and Princeton
Marsha – Michigan and Minnesota
Julie – Cleveland State and South Florida
Greg – Ohio State and Wisconsin-Madison
- TASK: Marsha will distribute list of assigned schools to include URL addresses.
- TASK: Van to discuss completed list with Carl Jacobson to get any suggestions for contact names or additional schools that might be useful to contact.
- Other assignments:
- TASK: Marsha to contact Dan Grim to schedule presentation of
Dazzel / Metaweb.