UDFS REPORTING TEAM
December 5, 2001
- Executive Committee Update Carol and Marsha
- Chart of Accounts Meeting for all team members on 12/12/01. Feedback on the chart of accounts will be accepted by the Chart of Accounts Committee through 1/31/02.
- Introduction of Ellen Lepine. Ellen will be a key on the PeopleSoft financial project implementation. She has taken on numerous responsibilities including the project plan and project issues list. She has become a member of the A/R billing module team and will be performing team meeting drop-ins.
- Each project team has been charged with the responsibility of updating their own project plan.
- Each team has been requested by the Executive Committee to begin formulating a list of questions for a consultant that will be brought in at a later date.
- University representatives to the 2002 HEUG were announced. They are:
- HR representative?
- The Facilities Project Team recommended that Project Module not be used for facilitiesí work tracking.
2. "Thoughts on the Table"
- Has contacted Cognos and indicated they would be asked to do a presentation sometime next year.
- Will be conducting a query class for HR Benefits in the near future.
- The Reporting Team needs to develop a similar class for financials.
- Each team member will be trained to teach query classes for financial implementation.
- A recommendation on ongoing training and support for PeopleSoft training needs to be made.
- Trees is not capable of aggregating information in the query process.
- The Deans office should nominate someone to be responsible for using reporting tools and for the actual reporting mechanisms within their area.
- Concerns about current ability to perform PeopleSoft query and reporting work due to hardware issues.
- Seconded Vanís thoughts regarding trees and indicated that this issue is one of her major concerns.
- Scheduling of special work sessions as needed.
3. Public Query review project
Amy, Peggy and Cheryl will plan this review and lead the project. Information to perform the review will probably not be available until after the 1st of the year.
Review to determine what tables will be needed in a report instance and to determine which public queries may provide helpful information during and/or after implementation.
4. Tasks Assigned to Report Team task list
Consider the need for an additional survey of other schools regarding the PeopleSoft reporting tools they use along with their use of trees in reporting.
5. Issues to main project list
6. Decisions to main project list?