UDFS Ė Report Team Minutes
March 6, 2002
In attendance: Van Adams, Julie Burton, Marsha Lockard, Peggy Bottorff
All team members continue to review the teamís task plan, distributed by Marsha. This should be updated at least monthly.
GENERAL MEETING MINUTES:
- Report Team plan: group reviewed and had no changes at this time.
- Subteam Ė Trees: Marsha gave an update on this subteam, which is led by Dee Smith. They had their first meeting last week, and discovered that, when a tree is created, some new chartfield values may be added to correspond with tree leaves. Whether or not this happens depends on where the tree is created; the subteam will look into this further.
- Public Query Update: Peggy gave update on this subteam. The group has categorized all existing A/P reports based on the type of information reported upon, and has cross-referenced this in a spreadsheet with A/Pís own categorization of its reports. An initial review of the PeopleSoft A/P public queries shows limited overlap. Next step is for subteam to categorize the public queries, then review with A/P to determine:
- What new reporting capability PS brings, and
- What existing reports must be retained, and how.
- Distribution of Reports: Dazzle may be a useful tool for this; Marsha may invite someone to demonstrate this for the reporting team this fall.
- Query tip: Van demonstrated how expressions can be used in queries. We used the concatenate and substring expressions, and noted that if a criteria is applied to a substring, the operator must be "LIKE." (It wonít work if the operators "=" or "in list" are used.) For example:
SUBSTR(A.POSTAL,1,3) like 197
Will return records where the POSTALís first three digits are 197.